“Great customer service”

Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in Bangor
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Full service restaurant & bakery serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert. We do catering, special orders, and breakfast all day. Governor's is family owned for over 50 years.
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The staff here are really great! I dined here by myself while on a work/educational trip and everyone was very friendly. One of the managers was walking around and asking how everyone's meal was. When she got to my table, she asked if I liked milkshakes and what my favorite kind was. 5 minutes later, complimentary chocolate milkshake arrived at the table! A really small thing that they did, made a great impact. I had the blueberry pancakes and also tried the no bake peanut butter cookies and all of it was delicious.

There are newer reviews for Governor's Restaurant & Bakery

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Governor's is a good place for lunch if you are looking for an inexpensive meal. The staff is very friendly. I tend to like the atmosphere at the Orono location better, but Bangor restaurant is fine for a quick lunch.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stopped by for a late breakfast. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Food was well prepared and the portions were more than filling for an active older teen and active adults. Decor could use some updating for some, but that just adds to the ambiance of a local chain. As we were there for a late breakfast, the lunches being served (especially the seafood platter) looked yummy. Looking forward to our next trip to Bangor in a few weeks and will be back to try the seafood.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

While traveling, we stopped at the Governor's for lunch. This is an family style restaurant. Great place for local Maine Cooking. The staff was very warm and friendly, but busy as the restaurant was full. The meals were all great. Clam Chowder and minestrone soup started the meals. They serve Breakfast all day, so I had a stack of Blueberry Pancakes and could not finish them. Others had the large salad topped with chicken. Again the size was too much to eat. We did not have desert, but on the way out we stopped at the bakery display case and bought some home made cookies for the rest of the trip.
This is an ideal family restaurant, but definitely not for a date of business meeting.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

From old fashioned cooking, like turkey and gravy, and meatloaf dinner, to seafood platters, this is where the hungry family wants to come. No other place has this many desserts, and you get to see the pies beforehand. The wait is never long, the staff is friendly and accommodating, and the value is the best I have found. You won't be able to leave without taking something home from the dessert case as you exit.