“Good food, bad attitude.”

Tesoro Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 183 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Melekeok, Palau
“Good food, bad attitude.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The food is really good, a few skunks, but mostly everything is real good. The prices are more than fair, maybe a little too fair. The big problem is the owners and their attitudes toward customers. I can spend my money elsewhere. Fortunata has a hair across her rear end all the time

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Bangorsux

“Great food!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The food at Tesoros never disappoints. The pizza is the absolute best in town, and the rest of the menu is made to order so don't expect a "mall restaurant" experience. If its busy, you may have to wait a bit for your food, but it is worth it, This is definitely a character establishment and Rocco and Fortunata are great a preparing and delivering great, authentic Italian food. Portions are more than adequate, and the gralic knots that come with your order are worth the trip all by themselves!
The atmosphere is friendly, nothing fancy by any means, but it is clean and has the best Italian food in town.

Bangor, Maine
“Great food, better prices!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We go to Tesoro's at least once a month for years! Be sure to go there early in the evening, as they make everything to order and your favorite may be sold out early. Don't go here expecting a fine dining experience with linen tablecloths and candlelight. instead, plan on great food and an excellent price with down home family service.
Over the years we have taken parties of 15 when our mom died and they were wonderful. Jim and I often go as a couple or with another couple. We introduce everyone we know to this place!

The pizza is wonderful, hand tossed and made to order. The pasta putanesca is my favorite and Jim gets the chicken park. Veal dishes are excellent as well. There is always enough for me to take home leftovers. I wish that we had the garlic knots to take home, but we never have those leftover! We eat and drink wine and never have a bill over $40!

The carafe of red wine is nothing to write home about, but we don't go there for the wine cellar!

Try this sometime, go early or order pizza take-out!

1 Thank debonvine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best!”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I have been going to Tesoro's every week for years. It's absolutely the best Italian restaurant in Maine. Chef Rocco is a native Sicilian. It doesn't get any more authentic than that. He cooks everything from scratch. When Fortunata and Rocco left the restaurant business in NYC to open Tesoro's in Bangor, we lucked out. The prices are very reasonable and the serving sizes very generous so we always go home with a second Italian dinner of leftovers. Fortunata's tiramisu dessert is a special treat. Tesoros has a family friendly atmosphere without the glitz and pushiness of a fast food Italian chain restaurant. We just relax and enjoy the meal. It's amazing how many customers just keep coming back weekly, year after year - that's the best endorsement of all.

1 Thank Parzival S
Hampden, Maine, United States
“Diamond in the rough”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I am a pizza connoisseur, I have the girth to prove it, and they have the best pizza in town, hands down! Fortunata & Rocco bend over backwards to provide food cooked to order, with fresh ingredients, in a family environment, all at a great price. We have been going there for a couple of years now, we've always been welcomed in by the owners expressing their interest in our family since our last visit.

Bottomline: Just had lunch from there, two pasta dishes, made to order, fed four of us....all for 11 dollars...and the staff found time to talk with me. I challenge you to do better.

2 Thank Darren N Julie H