“An Over-The-Top Perfect Experience!!!!!”
Review of Captain Nicks - CLOSED

Captain Nicks
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

What a nice change from all the chain restaurants in Bangor." 3 pound Hard Shell Lobsters" were beyond excellent. The new owners are awesome. Friendly staff and great service. Cant wait to go back for more!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Looked like it had a lot of potential but boy was it a let down. Restaurant was dirty. Food was horrible. Seafood wasn't fresh.....frozen!!!! Coleslaw was warm. Back choice on our part. Should have checked it out online first.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The restaurant could benefit from a visit by Chef Robert Irvine and the Restaurant Impossible crew. The decor is shabby and the food is about the same. The carpets are old and musty smelling and the wall paper is falling off the wall. We would not have stayed after seeing that the place was almost empty at 6:30 on a Sat. evening, except that it had received some good reviews on TripAdvisor and we were so tired from hiking at Arcadia National Park. I was told that there is a new owner and changes are planned - none too soon.

The service was indifferent. We were seated right away by a friendly hostess and then forgotten, until I waved down one of the hostesses and asked if any one was attending our table. The waiter seemed overworked by waiting on three or four tables. The food was "institutional" type and seemed frozen or stale. The portions were small, which in this case was a good thing.

Stay away until you see that the changes in ownership have had a positive effect.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Older, cheesy decor, but great food at reasonable prices. Great service too.
Haddock Chowder: amazing, I don't even like fish and this was awesome.
Lobster roll: average, nothing special.
Lobster pie bake: not on menu, but was recommended by our waiter. Buttery goodness.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Today my husband and I picked up our grandson and took him for a late lunch. Had not eaten at Captian Nicks, thought we would give it a try....Grandson got steak, it was less than mediocre. Husband ordered sword fish..it was the daily special. Fish was dry, over cooked, over seasoned and My husband believed it probably had been frozen. I got the fried clams. They were great! Cooked perfectly...however there was a foreign piece of something was in my plate. It looked like a clear worm...The waiter told me the matter was a " piece of shrimp vein". Did I mention I got fried clams!!! It really grossed me out..we were offered free desert, however, all our appetites were ruined. No compensation for the gross out...Won't be going back!

1  Thank Linda H