“Good Food, good Service”
Review of Captain Nicks - CLOSED

Captain Nicks
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dartmouth, Canada
“Good Food, good Service”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

When you live in Nova Scotia, it is hard to order seafood when you travel, but this restaurant in Bangor Maine, specializes in seafood and it did not disappoint. I had a Haddock sandwich and it was delicious with a large piece of fresh fish cooked very well with just enough batter on a nice sized bun that did not overpower the fish. I don't know why they serve fish sandwiches on large buns that provide more taste and texture than the fish. Here the bun was perfect. My wife had a seafood casserole and she reported that it was great. My Mother-in-law had a stuffed scollop dish and was amazed with the amount of scollops in it. Although our server seemed new, she was excellent, answering any questions and checking back with us about the meal. I had a problem getting a beer, because my first two choices were out of stock (A result of visiting off-season perhaps), but she recommended a choice that I found very nice. The restaurant is decorated nicely in a nautical theme, and is clean and attractive.

A good place to visit for a good seafood feed!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Art H

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Didn't find anything special here.”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had the lobster and it was ok. Hard to mess up a baked potato and a salad. Everything was average. I was sitting within ear shot of the bar where there was a couple of drunk female patrons. They were screaming and laughing and yelling they had to go "pee". That pretty much had done it for my dinner. I had to have the waitress repeat herself at one time because of them. Will probably not go back.

• Visited October 2012
Bahama
“Very good dinner. Ate too much.”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a terrific dinner of fish stew, lobsters, shrimp and salad. Had a new waitress who was funny and overall did a good job serving. We had to remind her about the drinks but no big deal.

Visited September 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Good choice for fish and chips”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stopped here while travelling through Bangor. At first glance the restaurant is very outdated and could stand a few renovations. The food is very good. I ate the fish and chips - excellent - though the portions are very large! The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Visited June 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Local favorite”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have eaten at Captain Nicks at least a half dozen times at the request of friends. It has been there for years so the restaurant must be doing something right. Last trip I had the haddock supreme with seafood stuffing. It was mostly just seasoned bread crumbs and buttery sauce. Someone else had salmon which was overcooked. It is a friendly place and the prices are low. Fortunately.

• Visited June 2012