“Yummy”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

While in Bangor, Maine we went for lunch at the Little Vietnam restaurant. It is in a strip mall so at first glance it may not look too fancy from the outside but inside is nicely decorated and tastefully done. It is a family run restaurant, I think, and the staff were very friendly, courteous and helpful with the menu and our questions. All three of us had the Pho soup as we are avid Pho fans and it was excellent. I had torpedo shrimp as an appetizer, my wife had the Vietnamese eggrolls and my daughter had the satay chicken. They were all really good. I had a taste - they are nice to me.
The prices are quite reasonable. This is definitely a restaurant we will return to.

1  Thank Bloopyjack

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Very good Pho and starter. I have tried many many many different asian places in MAINE and I have to admit that Little Vietnam Restaurant is the BEST so far. Whether you take my words for it or not. IT IS THE BEST asian food in Maine. Also love the decors.

1  Thank Kenneth1965
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Let's face it - Bangor Maine doesn't have many interesting restaurants. Not sure why that is - but I've heard that some really good ones are on the way. Try Little Vietnam. It's not a chain and is run by a family that knows Vietnamese cooking. If you're looking for fine dining and a server to kiss your butt, go somewhere else. This place is about delicious and friendly family cooking. Service is relaxed but sometimes a little slow, and the food is to die for. Best of all, it's moderately priced. Please support this restaurant. Places like this are disappearing rapidly!

3  Thank MisterTravel1000
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is very good pho shop. to bad some people in Bangor can't accept food that doesn't come on a bun. we tried 5 different dishes and they were all great . the pho had trip in it this may have set the burger people back a bit . try this place you'll like it .

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The starter was absolutely exceptionnal: green papaya salab; authentic, fresh spicy without being too hot. Remarkable. Too bad the 2 vegetarian curries we had afterwards were just...not bad. My advice: take 2 starters each & try the desserts.