“Awful waitstaff!”

Kobe Ninja House Japanese Grill
Ranked #26 of 184 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Kobe Ninja House Japanese Grill, you'll find over 100 delectable dishes, fantastic service, and a welcoming, energetic atmosphere! Our guests come from all over to enjoy our fresh sushi, Hibachi-style lobster, and popular Asian dishes. But no matter how busy you may find our restaurant, you'll always find that the experience is well worth the wait! Our juicy chicken teriyaki and steaks are sure to please, but be sure to sample our Japanese noodle dishes, fresh scallops, and golden coconut shrimp on a future visit. And when it comes to special occasions, trust Kobe Ninja House Japanese Grill to bring the fire to all your events! We look forward to bringing you a dining experience unlike any other that Bangor has to offer!
Alton, Maine, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful waitstaff!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went with my husband a few weeks ago. Looks like alot fun! Was brought to our seat, and literally just left! No one saying who or when someone would be back. Waited 15 minutes and a completly stressed waiter showed up, and literally the first words out of his mouth wad " have you decided what you want yet?" In shock at his rudnesd, i told him we needed drinks, he asked what we wanted and took ofg. This attitude continued throughout. Food was fair, i ordered irange chicjen which was good. My husband git steak, which was returned to the kitchen, it was half fat! Both ended up getting the orange chicken. Would only go back for the hibachi experence, which we didnt get this time.

• Visited March 2013

“Boil in a bag meal?”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice looking place with decent service. I was quite let down by their Hibachi. All 4 in our party were disappointed by our meals. If "boil in a bag" frozen hibachi dinners exist, this is what they would taste like. It was not inedible, just squishy and flavorless. I really wanted to like this place. Oh well...

Bar Harbor, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slow service, customer disrespect”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

In my few previous visits, I had come to expect a long wait to eat. On this visit, after being kept waiting in the bar for our table, my wife was dismissively refused service because they have a "new policy" not to serve virgin (non-alchoholic) drinks on the weekend. Besides the inappropriate attitude, it is sad management is incapable of pricing non-alchoholic drinks profitably enough to be sold. It has been a long time since we felt so disrespected in a restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Coastaltravelor
“Great food but felt crammed”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Arrived at Kobe at around 3pm for an early dinner with my wife and her parents. Decided to be seated at one of the 10 hibachi grills. The chef was very entertaining and the wait staff was very accommodating as my wife has gluten allergies. The food was top notch, however there was very little elbow room as it was very tight seating to the point two other customers left. After they left we slid their chairs out giving everyone at the grill much more room. I recommend the Swordfish on the Hibachi menu you will not be disappointed

Amherst, NH
“Good and plenty”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I'm glad we went. It was much better than expected. Arrived at 7:30 on a Saturday night and the wait for the hibachi side was over an hour, so we ate in the dining side without any wait at all. The portions are generous and very tasty. My wife had a coconut shrimp platter and it was beautifully presented and she said it was delicious. I had the hot and spicy chicken and it was spicy, crunchy, and flavourful. No room for desert. Attentive service, moderately priced, large dining area, and it seemed that half of Bangor was there. Next time were in the Bangor area, we'll make a reservation and try the hibachi side of things.