“One Blue Tarp”

Penobscot Theatre Company
Ranked #5 of 31 things to do in Bangor
More attraction details
Owner description: Penobscot Theatre Company, owners of the historic Bangor Opera House, is America’s Northeastern-most professional, year round, not-for-profit organization, producing a wide variety of plays and musicals each season. PTC is committed to presenting high-quality, professional works of theatre that inspire the imagination and cultivate a lifelong passion for the art form.
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was our first visit to this theatre, but it certainly won't be our last. The facility itself is a joy and the play was absolutely terrific. The set, actors, and lighting were very professional. The small coastal village we live in could...and quite possibly was... the inspiration for this play. We are fighting the same issues that the play presents, so the play had a special significance for us.

There are newer reviews for Penobscot Theatre Company

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a fum look at Main and Mainers. It is done with loving humor and delightful to watch. In fact this theatre consistently produces great entertainment. I have been a subscriber for 20+ Years.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have been waiting for this for months! Blue Tarps are one of my pet peeves ... but, oh, my, the play was rich with stereotypes and laughs!!! A small cast did a great job depicting many elements of Maine life - from the rugged individual (standing proudly in his long underwear) to the distrust of outsiders. It was indeed a rich evening. The play was fun and made for an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I very much enjoyed opening night of "One Blue Tarp". The winter we have endured, one has to have some humor to get through. Humor was indeed provided. I would not recommend it for children, it is more for adults. I am sure with each show they will only get better and funnier. We loved the audience participation,also. We bought season tickets for our 40th anniversary and are so looking forward to each show this whole season as a continued celebration of our life together. Thank you Penobscot Theatre Company.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The title says it all. This world premiere show by Travis Baker was a riot, beginning to end. Great characters, AMAZING set, and sharp, funny, clever, thoughtful writing through and through.