“Highly recommended!”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Bangor
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn for the last 5 years for business travel, at least 1 day a month. The new building is a fantastic upgrade from the old location. By far the best Hampton I've stayed at. Do yourself a favor and stay here. The free breakfast is great, and honestly, if I had to pay for it, I would.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Very very clean hotel! Comfortable beds, spotless sheets, updated new hotel! Nice workers, has large breakfast area, nice gym, nice pool! Located right off the highway! Complementary Internet, very pleased!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

This property is new and clean with very comfortable rooms. The staff is helpful and friendly and I especially like that housekeeping staff greeted you with a smile. The breakfast was very good. I found the hotel a bit hard to find initially but once I did it was a convenient location and in a quieter spot.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This Hampton Inn hands down is the best I have ever stayed in. Their was not one complaint my weft and I had. The breakfast each day was great. This Hampton should give lessons to the rest. They know what they are doing. The rooms are immaculate.

Room Tip: Back side is quiet
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This hotel is located close to shopping, restaurants etc. Overall experience was good. Staff very friendly. Great breakfast included. Would recommend to others and stay there again myself. Hotel room was very quiet and any outside noise not heard.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed here will visiting U of Maine, great spot, clean as a whistle, comfortable room, fine breakfast, and very friendly staff. The inn is centrally located to the mall, downtown, and the University. There's a small pool for kids and a hot tub also. Because no place is perfect, I must disclose that the doors make a lot of racket when they close, and the bath towels are a little on the thin side. I would stay here any time I visit the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My Husband and I travelled to Bangor for a little mini break we stayed 3 nights and honestly have nothing but good things to say.
When we arrived we were greeted with eye to eye contact, a smiling face and an enthusiastic spirit (Thank you Colby) - That always starts your stay off right. Orig. we were on the 3rd floor a very large King room but it did not have a bath - a monster shower though, we had not specified a bath so that was my error...it was easily fixed, I came down to the front desk to ask if they had any King rooms with a Tub and sure enough they did - right on the first floor - quick as that we were in our new room. (again thank you Colby). The room was spacious and well appointed. The bed was comfortable which is always a plus. There is a little fridge and a microwave in each room which really comes in handy when you are staying for a few days. At first we were a bit concerned that our room might be noisy as it was right at the end by the door, but it wasn't it was Quiet, and there was one morning that they were cleaning the room right next to us and we had no clue until we came out for breakfast and the door was open and the vacuum was going - so sound transfer was not an issue.
Price - comparable not the cheapest not the most expensive by a long shot.
There is a lovely pool and hot tub, there is a really nice workout room with varied equipment.
There is a complimentary coffee station with 3 different brews + hot water for teas or hot chocolate - we normally would not drink coffee in the evening but the decaf was so good we had multiples from this station daily, it was always hot and fresh.
in the evening they put out fresh backed cookies in the lobby which is a nice touch if you want just a little sweet treat.
I have seen some reviews complaining about the breakfast - I really don't understand this - there are both hot and cold items - the cold items were the same each day but the hot items changed daily. there are cold cereals, there is oatmeal with nuts and fruit beside it to add if you wish, there are bagels, toast, croissants, 2 different juices, a waffle station, and the hot side the first day was bacon, western omelet, & hash browns. The 2nd day was roasted potatoes, bagel toppers, sausage (maple smoked mmmmm) and hard boiled eggs. There was lots of variety. it was flavourful, and kept well stocked.
The location was perfect for us but for someone who wanted to walk to shopping it would not be.
All of the Staff were friendly and helpful.
Again from our point of view - Nothing but Good things to say about this Hotel and its Staff.

3  Thank Shelley L