“Augusta quilt show”

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Moncton, Canada
“Augusta quilt show”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Three ladies stayed at this hotel the last weekend in July in order to participate in the Augusta Quilt show. Augusta Hampton Inn was fully booked and because my previous stays at Hampton Inns were so outstanding, I persuaded the ladies to stay at Hampton Inn Bangor, as opposed to Hilton Garden. We asked for a cot in a double queen room.
On arrival, there was no one else checking in, but our front desk representative proceeeded to check us in whilst making a phone booking with another customer. Took my name, gave me my keys, no mention of breakfast, pool, no directions to room (had to ask another member of staff in the hallway) or did we need anything else. No mention of shuttle. Not impressed. One customer at a time.
The hotel itself was excellent; rooms clean, well-lit and spacious. We went out for supper and on our return the roll-out bed had been placed in the room.
Slept well; there was some kind of "green light" (I think a thermostat) was glowing and that kind of aggrevated me as it was in line of my sleeping position (but that was a minor thing).
Breakfast was excellent, staff excelled.Very clean and well organized.
On check out, the three of us wanted to split the bill and that soon became an issue in so much as the front desk representative was unable to divide our account by three. I told her what my third was and I paid my portion and then waited over more than 15 minutes for her to divide the remaining amount in half....really..? She asked for assistance from her collegue because the computer program wouldn't "co-operate" and she had to get the calculator to divide a whole number by 2.
It spoiled what should have been a very straightforward check-out.

Next time, I'll pay the bill myself...

Room Tip: All rooms are good as this is a new hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Topsham, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Very clean and modern hotel. Beds not very comfy however. I found that the front desk staff doesn't always give out hotel information at check in. Breakfast times, pool location, etc... I often travel on government business and find we don't always get treated quite as well as when I travel non government. Overall I am satisfied with most Hampton Inns. I do plan to stay again both business and personal.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our stay at the new Hampton Inn was great, close to Bangor mall, short drive to downtown. The rooms are beautiful, beds are very comfortable, lots of room to move around and set up to facilitate technology. Free breakfast is a bonus, lots to choose from. The staff is friendly and helpful, ready to help give advice about Bangor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

moncton,New Brunswick
Reviewed September 8, 2013

New hotel, friendly staff, nice décor, spacious rooms, complementary breakfast, great location for shopping, this hotel has it all. Front desk staff even called us to let us know the cookies were out of the oven if we would like a treat. Never had that kind of service before. We will definitely stay there on our next trip to Bangor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed 1 night on 10 day trip, and other than one 2-night bed and breakfast, best place we stayed for the entire 10-day trip. Accommodating staff, clean and spacious rooms, and excellent breakfast. Would unhesitatingly recommend. Also got a very favorable walk-in rate (better than Internet, AARP or AAA rate).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Madison GA
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This property is in a very convenient and quiet location with great staff, Lillian was so helpful. Rooms are large and well designed. Breakfast was great. Felt like they cared about us, our stay and the upkeep of their property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My room was really comfy. Large and roomy. The bed was incredible. The bathroom was also very large. Good work area as well. The fitness room and lounge area were well appointed and spacious. Breakfast was well done with a great assortment. Easy access to I 95 and 3 miles to downtown make it a great choice. My only slight knock was the price. I stay in many hotels across the country and this one was a bit pricey for the location. Love Hampton!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business