“Clean and quiet”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Bangor
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel is relatively new, our room was clean with no odors and the bed linens fresh. Bathroom was large and clean, even had an exhaust fan. Breakfast bar was well stocked and replenished frequently. The location is great, right off the interstate but also quiet!

1  Thank Vickie T
Mike M, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

We're so thrilled to hear you found our hotel, clean, quiet and comfortable. We're very pleased you had an opportunity to try our new Hampton and enjoyed it. And thank you also for taking the time to write a wondeful review on Trip Adivsor. If there's anything we can do better, please don't hesitate to let us know. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in town!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

While travelling home from a long road trip we found the Hampton Inn in Bangor. New, clean, and friendly staff. We always like to stay at the Hampton Inn locations when we travel and this place is most likely one of the best! Will be planning future trips which involve staying here.

1  Thank Hutchie45

Dear Guest,

We're so glad to hear you had an exceptional stay at our new Hampton. Thanks for choosing to stay with us! If you can think of anything we can do better, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're always trying to find ways to get better. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

During our 2 night stay at this location, we did not encounter any problems whatsoever. The rooms are very big, clean and it had everything we were looking for : - located close to shopping center - good price - free wifi - free hot breakfast - mini fridge and microwave The only real negative comment I have is the mini fridge generates quite a bit of noise, so if you're a light sleeper it might wake you up a few times.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We're so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay at our hotel recently. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us, and thanks for taking the time to write a great review. We really appreciate it! I'm so glad you enjoyed our ammenities, but I'm sorry to hear your fridge was a bit loud. If that ever happens again, please let us know and we'll either fix it or replace it immediately! We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Bangor!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Staff was excellent, attentive, friendly, couteous and well trained. The manager , Kim Francis has excellent management and customer service skills. She was able to fix our reservations probelms with HHonors and get them to provide a higher level of customer service than I have seen from H Honors. she spent a lot of time making phone calls on our behalf The hotel is in an excellent location and though near the highway we did not hear any traffic. The housekeeping staff did a though job and were friendly and courteous asking if we had enough towels, etc. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and i especially enjoyed the fresh cinnamon rolls with icing. The salt water pool was nice

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us recently, and thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel, our staff, and our Assistant General Manager, Kim Francis. Kim is an outstanding manager and a true asset to our company. I'm so glad to hear that you were pleased with her service and that she took care of all your needs. We're very fortunate to have her working at our hotel. Thanks again for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, we truly appreciate you taking the time to do so. If there's ever anything you need, please don't hesitate to let us know. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a fairly new property and initially a little hard to find due to it's location, tucked behind another hotel on Haskell Rd just off of Hogan Rd. The breakfast area was well tended to and the room was clean and satisfactory. The clerk at the front desk was courteous. The location is close to the interstate, so it's a good stop for people passing through Bangor or doing business in the area. There is Bangor Mall and other shopping and dining nearby. I was there for one night on business, and flew in and out from Bangor Airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest, We're so glad to hear that you found our new Hampton to your liking. Please let us know if there's ever anything more we can do for you. We're always looking for ways to improve. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Bangor!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Let me start by saying that I have stayed in Hampton Inns many times and I never imagined I would experience what I did at the Hampton Bangor. I reserved a King Sofa two months in advance. The sole purpose of this stay was to be rested after a long drive and before continuing home. When we arrived I was greeted by what appeared to be high school students in training. Gave my name for check in and was told that my request for high floor away from elevator and vending was not on file. After taking credit card information and going through the usual check in routine pool ,breakfast hours ,(that I informed him I was aware of ,but kept going) the clerk then told me that the room I requested was not ready and that I would have to return in approx. a 1/z hour. When I arrived the parking lot had been virtually empty and I do believe there were very few if any guests already at the hotel. Tired after a long stressful drive due to weather conditions , I agreed to return. Asked that the information would be available upon return , he said no problem I will be here. An hour later returned to empty parking lot,lobby to find again what appeared to be another trainee that not surprisingly did not have the previous information from an hour before.Went through the whole process again. She informed us room was still not ready and we agreed to sit in the lobby and wait. We finally got to our room only to find it was right next to the elevator. We went back down to the clerk and told her it was not acceptable. She explained that they were busy the night before and many of the rooms were still not prepared. We were directed to another room , this time darkened by a large ventilation compressor directly outside the window. Clearly frustrated I returned to the desk. Was once again informed that because of their busy night many rooms were not available(now well after 4pm) Extremely frustrated and irritated , I requested to see the manager. Appearing from behind a door he was clearly agitated that he was now going to have to deal with a disgruntled guest. I explained to him as I had with the two previous employees, what I had requested.He also somewhat rudely questioned why the second room was not acceptable and when I told him about the ventilation system directly outside the window he told me that it was an air conditioning unit and chances were it would not come on during my stay ! He informed me that that king sofa room requested in what appeared to me as an empty hotel, was not available. In my opinion because the hotel had a busy night, those guests arriving the next day were not entitled to the service and quality that is expected by the Hilton chain. Now understandably upset I asked if there would be just a regular King room available. Yeah we can do that was his reply. No offer of a discount or apology was given for my inconvenience.We shook hands , I was directed to a top floor King corner room. Hoping that this matter was now behind us, I was just about to get some much needed rest when the phone rang disturbing me. Politely the young trainee from the front desk wanted to know if the room was satisfactory. Trying to be polite I asked that we put the matter behind us. Approx. an hour later I was startled awake when the entire room started to rumble. We now realized that we had been placed in a room directly beside the main ventilation system. Disgusted with the situation I informed my wife to pack up,I would go across the street to the Hilton Garden and get a room. Professional staff there immediately fulfilled my requests and we were able to enjoy a quiet and relaxing evening.What is the sense of building a brand new hotel to lure guests from other hotels, if the staff and particularly the management are not qualified or in this case willing to provide customer service to those arriving paying higher rates to stay in the facility? Perhaps management from the Hilton Garden can come across the street and provide the appropriate training that clearly is not being provided at the Hampton Bangor.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank keeperof4
Mike M, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

I sincerely aplogize and find it very unfortunate that you had such an experience that day at our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you were so frustrated after two long days of travel, when all you wanted was peace and relaxation. I can certainly understand how you feel when all you want is a quiet room and a comfortable bed to lay on so you can get some well-earned rest. I'm sorry our staff wasn't able to take care of your requests to your satisfaction that day. I know waiting for your first room to be cleaned must have been very painful after a long journey to the hotel. When you found that your first king sofa room was near the elevator, I know you were very understandably upset because noise bothers you, as you informed our desk staff. And when you moved to your second room and saw through the window that there was an ac unit outside on the roof, you had every right to be as upset as you were. And when our staff tried to get you the quietest room in the hotel for your third room, and it still wasn't to your liking, well, I can certainly understand why you left and went across the street. I'm sorry we couldn't rectify the situation to your liking, but I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful experience at our sister property, the Hilton Garden Inn. They have an exceptional hotel as well, and a great staff. We will use this experience as an educational opportunity in how to take extra special care of our guests when they're as frustrated and upset as you were that day, and more importantly: how to be proactive and avoid these situations in the first place by anticipating guest needs a bit better if we can. This will be a wonderful learning opportunity for our staff, and I thank you for sharing your experience with us - it will only serve to make us a better hotel, and that's what we strive for every day. Our staff always does their very best for all of our guests. The front desk, and each of our departments, is an exceptional group of people who are very good at their jobs, and take every opportunity to go above and beyond to serve our guests in every way they possibly can. They all work extremely hard every day. That being said, I'm sorry they couldn't make you happy during your time here. If there's anything that I can do to personally resolve this situation to your satisfaction, please don't hesitate to contact me directly, either via email or telephone at our hotel. I hope to have an opportunity to speak with you directly, and I hope that you will try our hotel again. If so, I personally guarantee you'll have an exceptional experience!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Booked a room at this hotel due to its proximity to clients. Normally stay at the Fairfield Inn which is a few exits down the highway. Recent stays at other Hampton Inns have proven to be very positive, with very nice amenities and very nice rooms. This Hampton Inn appears to be bare bones which surprised me. But this review is all about the disgusting, overpowering odor of sweat that hit me as soon as I opened the door. I checked in late after a very long day on the road and went straight to dinner, leaving the window open and AC on hoping to air it out. No luck upon my return. Also found the mini fridge not working and needed to move the entire dresser console in order to plug it in. Wanted to change rooms at this point but the desk was so busy, no attention, no answer to my phone calls or busy rings. Crazy that I should have to get ice to keep my drinks and snacks cold when I have a fridge in the room! I gave up and went to bed but unfortunately, the odor bothered me so much that I didn't sleep very well. But, the bed was fairly comfortable. I probably should have been more aggressive with trying to get a new room but after a long day, I was worn out. Other little problems occurred with terrible Sprint cell service (use an air card for my pc for secure connection) - 0 to 1 bar reception...useless. Also couldn't get the printer to print a DOC from a flash drive in the business center - it would only read photos so I had to go to Staples down the road. It was also about 90 degrees in the little business office, with 2 people in there all morning hogging the pcs. Overall, an annoying visit. People were friendly, but just not up to convenient business standards. They like cater to travelers but I think next time I'll try the Courtyard across the street.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 82sammy

Dear Guest,

I'm so sorry to hear that you had less than an exceptional stay, I truly apologize. It's unfortunate that we never got the chance to hear from you about any of these issues, we would have taken care of these immediately for you! We try to stay proactive in keeping an open line of communication with all our guests, and we always call our guests shortly after checkin to see how everything is going so far, but somehow your issues that night with our hotel escaped our radar. Again, I truly apologize. If you would, I would appreciate it very much if you could contact me through email or directly at the hotel so I can rectify this situation to your satisfaction. We truly value you as a guest, and I hope we will see you again at our new Hampton Inn.