“Mr”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Bangor
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was the first time we'd stayed at a Hampton Inn in several years. The service was great as was the property. It's new and very clean and well kept. The rooms were very spacious and spotless. For the gadget lovers, there are chargers on all the night stands that have 3 outlets and 2 USB ports, which was fantastic.

The salt water pool was also great. It was our first time in a salt water pool, and I liked it a lot more than standard chlorine pools.

Finally, the full breakfast the next morning was excellent and there was plenty of seating.

We'll definitely stay here again. The experience was so good that we'll be looking to stay in Hampton Inns more regularly.

Room Tip: The King rooms are huge. Plenty of floor space to stretch out.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Mike M, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest, We're very pleased to hear you had such a positive experience at our new Hampton Inn. If there's ever anything more we can do for you, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,121)

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the best we have ever stayed at. Very quiet, clean and exceptional service. The breakfast buffet was absolutely delicious. Definitely gonna be staying here again when we come to Bangor. Thanks for a great visit.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your very kind review of our new Hampton Inn! Our staff loves to hear back from our guests. They work very hard every day to make every guest's stay exceptional, so the positive feedback really means a lot to them. Thanks for taking the time to write your review, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Bangor!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My overall impression of this property is positive. My reservation requests were honoured and I received exactly the room type and location I wanted. Because this is a newer hotel, you would expect certain conditions like quality and repair of the furnishings, modern amenities, and first rate customer service. I did in fact experience all that when I chose to stay for the night. Before entering the room you are greeting by a photo plaque that represents the local area. All the rooms are adorned with such artwork. Beside the room number is a photograph of historical significance representing life of the area as it was. Simply tap the room key card on the door and it engages the electronic lock. No more fumbling with the key in the slot! I stayed in a King-bedded room which was made to look like such a room. That is to say, there was not an open space representing where another bed would go if one were there. All the comforts of a well appointed room were available including a decent size refrigerator and compact microwave. The property backs onto the Northern Maine woods which adds to the charm and much anticipated relaxation. The bathroom was very clean and it was furnished with a stand up, glass enclosed shower. Complimentary toiletries and a hair dryer along with a coffee maker are also included. Free Wi-Fi is available and I did not experience any connection or speed issues. A lap top tray is available should you want to prop yourself up on the bed or you may utilize the desk. Both locations are suited for computer use. Beside the bed is a data port with ample electrical connections and two USB ports. You can find an iron and board in the closet which has hangars that you can actually take off the rack. The hotel has a fitness facility and salt-water pool. I did not avail myself of these; however, there were plenty of children splashing around in the pool and they certainly were enjoying themselves. Free breakfast is available both to eat on site or you have the option of grabbing and go. The seating area is well suited for larger crowds and it was put to the test the morning I made it down to have something to eat. The breakfast servers were busy keeping everything well stocked and also attending to the individual requests of the guests. All the food was fresh, plentiful, with wholesome choices. I had an enjoyable stay at this Hampton. From the moment at check in, the courtesy call after arriving in the room to make sure everything was to my satisfaction, to the check out, I experienced what I come to expect in customer service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone finding themselves a place to stay while travelling to, or though Bangor.

Room Tip: To ensure a most relaxing stay, ask for a room facing the woods.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RAW9

Thank you so much for staying with us! We're very happy to hear that you had an exceptional and relaxing stay at our new Hampton. And thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We find that many of our guests check Trip Advisor before deciding where to stay when they visit Bangor, so your excellent review means a lot! If there's ever anything more we can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

A little late on making this review, however better late then never....
We stayed here on the first day they opened....
We stopped and checked out many other hotels in Bangor, and were quite disappointed in many of them.
As soon as we walked in this new, clean, staff friendly hotel we were of course sold.
The only thing that bothered me was the duvet kept on sliding off..... prefer comforters for this reason.
We would for sure stay here again, as long as the prices don't get crazy....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest, We'd like to sincerely for the high praise you've offered our hotel on Trip Advisor! There are many wonderful hotels in our city, so it's a true honor to be called the best in Bangor. Our staff truly appreciates your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns and this one is no disappointment. Staff consistently asked how was my stay and seemed to like being there. Rooms were HUGE and clean, and had a fridge and microwave and sofabed. Pool floor area is the best for nonslip I have ever seen in any of the 50+ hotels I have stayed at in my life. If anything though, the pool is on the small side and not particularly exciting. I would have thought with building new, some thought would have been put into making an impressive pool area with deeper ends or a slide. However, the market they are probably aiming at is not the poolside crowd. In the bathroom, I found there was no towel hook installed within safe reach of the shower, to reach the only one that was there you would have had to step out of the shower dripping wet and walk across the room, soaking the floor as you went. I put the towels on the floor beside the tub so I could reach them right away. I also found the double toilet paper holders were pretty close to the toilet bowl, larger sized people like me might find they are a bit "in the way", Maybe it was just that particular room as there seemed to be a vast expanse of empty space between the toilet and the tub.You could have fit a second toilet and bidet and had room left for a garbage can along that back wall. It might not be the same in every room, sometimes there are artifacts of construction that require a particular room to have a bit of an odd setup, ie near support beams, electrical conduits, or ventilation shafts for example.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest, I'm so pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay with us recently! As a frequent guest of Hampton Inns everywhere, you certainly understand the high standards and excellent ammenities that all Hampton Inns provide in all locations. But we're happy to hear you found our new Hampton to be exceptional! We look forward to seeing you next time you're visiting Bangor!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had a nice stay at this Hampton Inn in Bangor over Easter Weekend. The front desk staff were helpful, the complimentary breakfast was wonderful - many options to choose from and our daughter loved the indoor pool. Very close to Bangor Mall and the airport. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. Noise from the hallway seemed to easily penetrate the room but I think that is the case at most hotels. Would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at our new Hampton Inn. We're happy to hear that your Easter weekend visit was exceptional. Our staff works very hard every day to serve our guests, and love hearing positive feedback! We hope to see you again next time you're in Bangor!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have stayed at many Hamptons before and this one was the best. Our room had two queen beds AND a sofa bed, and still enough floor space to hold a cot if anyone wanted one. It also had a fridge and microwave. The breakfast area was well stocked and clean, every staff person we met asked us about our stay, all great. The pool is a bit small and not very exciting, I am used to larger ones and some have water slides. The hot tub wasn't very hot. I liked the pool area floor, I have a problem with slipping and even so-called nonslip tiles are not so for me, but this was pebbly in a sort of concrete and was great to walk on. The bathroom could use a towel hook within easy reach of the shower, there was one on the wall but it was far up and so I had to lay my towels on the floor beside the tub to have them ready for when i stepped out, again, with my issue of slipping, I don't step off the bathmat til I am dry, to try and avoid getting water on the bathroom floor.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mike M, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Guest, I'm very pleased to hear you had an exceptional stay at our new Hampton. Thanks for taking the time to write your review, we truly appreciate your feedback. Our staff works very hard every day to give our guests a great experience, and they love hearing back from you! We look forward to seeing you again!