“Best Hotel we could find in Bangor, ME”
Review of Hampton Inn Bangor

Hampton Inn Bangor
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Saint John, Canada
“Best Hotel we could find in Bangor, ME”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

A little late on making this review, however better late then never....
We stayed here on the first day they opened....
We stopped and checked out many other hotels in Bangor, and were quite disappointed in many of them.
As soon as we walked in this new, clean, staff friendly hotel we were of course sold.
The only thing that bothered me was the duvet kept on sliding off..... prefer comforters for this reason.
We would for sure stay here again, as long as the prices don't get crazy....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mike M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bangor, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest, We'd like to sincerely for the high praise you've offered our hotel on Trip Advisor! There are many wonderful hotels in our city, so it's a true honor to be called the best in Bangor. Our staff truly appreciates your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Eastern Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns and this one is no disappointment. Staff consistently asked how was my stay and seemed to like being there. Rooms were HUGE and clean, and had a fridge and microwave and sofabed. Pool floor area is the best for nonslip I have ever seen in any of the 50+ hotels I have stayed at in my life. If anything though, the pool is on the small side and not particularly exciting. I would have thought with building new, some thought would have been put into making an impressive pool area with deeper ends or a slide. However, the market they are probably aiming at is not the poolside crowd. In the bathroom, I found there was no towel hook installed within safe reach of the shower, to reach the only one that was there you would have had to step out of the shower dripping wet and walk across the room, soaking the floor as you went. I put the towels on the floor beside the tub so I could reach them right away. I also found the double toilet paper holders were pretty close to the toilet bowl, larger sized people like me might find they are a bit "in the way", Maybe it was just that particular room as there seemed to be a vast expanse of empty space between the toilet and the tub.You could have fit a second toilet and bidet and had room left for a garbage can along that back wall. It might not be the same in every room, sometimes there are artifacts of construction that require a particular room to have a bit of an odd setup, ie near support beams, electrical conduits, or ventilation shafts for example.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, I'm so pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay with us recently! As a frequent guest of Hampton Inns everywhere, you certainly understand the high standards and excellent ammenities that all Hampton Inns provide in all locations. But we're happy to hear you found our new Hampton to be exceptional! We look forward to seeing you next time you're visiting Bangor!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had a nice stay at this Hampton Inn in Bangor over Easter Weekend. The front desk staff were helpful, the complimentary breakfast was wonderful - many options to choose from and our daughter loved the indoor pool. Very close to Bangor Mall and the airport. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. Noise from the hallway seemed to easily penetrate the room but I think that is the case at most hotels. Would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay at our new Hampton Inn. We're happy to hear that your Easter weekend visit was exceptional. Our staff works very hard every day to serve our guests, and love hearing positive feedback! We hope to see you again next time you're in Bangor!
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have stayed at many Hamptons before and this one was the best. Our room had two queen beds AND a sofa bed, and still enough floor space to hold a cot if anyone wanted one. It also had a fridge and microwave. The breakfast area was well stocked and clean, every staff person we met asked us about our stay, all great. The pool is a bit small and not very exciting, I am used to larger ones and some have water slides. The hot tub wasn't very hot. I liked the pool area floor, I have a problem with slipping and even so-called nonslip tiles are not so for me, but this was pebbly in a sort of concrete and was great to walk on. The bathroom could use a towel hook within easy reach of the shower, there was one on the wall but it was far up and so I had to lay my towels on the floor beside the tub to have them ready for when i stepped out, again, with my issue of slipping, I don't step off the bathmat til I am dry, to try and avoid getting water on the bathroom floor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mike M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bangor, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Guest, I'm very pleased to hear you had an exceptional stay at our new Hampton. Thanks for taking the time to write your review, we truly appreciate your feedback. Our staff works very hard every day to give our guests a great experience, and they love hearing back from you! We look forward to seeing you again!
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great Hotel for a good price. New, clean, good size guest rooms, very good amenities, and the hot continental buffet breakfast was excellent. The staff are courteous, friendly and very helpful. A great experience shared by the four of us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We're very happy to hear you had a great experience at our new Hampton Inn. If there's every anything more we can do for you, please don't hesitate to let us know. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Bangor!
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband, daughter, and I stayed here for two nights. It was great! I am VERY fussy about the cleanliness of hotels and this one met my high standards! The room and bathroom were spotless, as was the rest of the place. The bed was comfortable and the room was nice and warm (we could set the thermostat). The staff was helpful and professional. The free breakfasts were yummy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We're very pleased to hear our hotel was to your liking. It's great to hear that our cleanliness was up to your high standards. We truly appreciate you staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again!
Texas
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Just completed a 2-night stay in mid-March. This is a relatively brand new hotel - nice clean rooms. Breakfast attendants were very nice and helpful and offered up good food recommendations when I asked about lobster rolls. Good continental b'fast with different hot entrees on the days we were there.
My only complaint was the cost of the coin laundry. $2 for each wash and $2 for 45 min's of dryer time. Seemed a bit pricey for both and we weren't sure if we could add a couple of extra quarters to add dryer time or if we had to put in an extra $2. Figured it wasn't worth another $2-4 to dry so we finished up in our room. Most hotel coin-operated laundry machines are about half the price as here. So we thought it was high for Bangor. Bigger cities, yes, I could see a higher cost. Anyway, I'd advise finding a laundromat nearby and doing laundry that way. It'd be faster too. There's only 1 washer and 1 dryer so you might have to wait awhile like we did.
Nice staff, though, so that trumps the laundry fiasco. I'd stay here again if I re-visited Bangor.

• Stayed March 2013
Mike M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bangor, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us, and thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We appreciate the positive feedback, and our staff loves hearing from our guests. We look forward to seeing you again!