“Best hotel, best staff and an awesome general manager!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Bangor

Hampton Inn Bangor
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
“Best hotel, best staff and an awesome general manager!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

My family and I felt welcomed as soon as we walked in. Everyone, even the guests were super friendly and inviting! Felt like home! Breakfast was awesome and free, my favorite...the Belgian waffle you make yourself! Fresh fruit, bagels, cereal and oatmeal! The pool, hot tub and fitness center was top notch! All in all I loved it all, will definitely be back and will recommend this exact hotel in Bangor to everyone!! Thank you everyone! The GM-Mike McHugh is one of the nicest managers I've ever met and he went above and beyond for my family and I!

1 Thank suz42177
Mike M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bangor, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We'd like to thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We really do have a top notch staff that goes above and beyond for every one of our guests! They work very hard every day to provide exceptional service in every way possible. Thank you for staying at our new Hampton, we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
st. john's
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

The new Hampton Inn in Bangor is located not so far from the old one and still close to the Bangor Mall and the I 95. The facility is very new and so needs no more said. It meets all of the standards of Hampton Inns that keep me coming back. I have yet to find a bad Hampton Inn. Staff at Bangor were hospitable and helped out with a room when we were forced to wait out a snow storm for an extra night. Breakfast was typica Hampton Inn. A good reliable hotel. I just wish they would stop using those paper glasses in ther rooms. Surely washing a few glasses cannot be that much trouble.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mike M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bangor, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a great review for us on Trip Advisor! We appreciate and value all of our guests' feedback, both good and bad - it helps us to serve our guests even better. We're glad to hear you appreciate the consistency of the Hampton Brand - it's a true hallmark, and keeps our guests very loyal to Hampton, no matter where they're traveling. They know they can count on fresh clean duvets and linens, a great free hot breakfast, free wi-fi, free shuttle service, state of the art ammenities, and the wonderful service and Hamptonality of our entire staff!
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Whilst I am not a fan of chains of any kind (restaurant, hotel etc.) the one thing that they bring is consistency, or at least they are supposed to, and Hampton Inn in Bangor does not dissapoint.

This is a very new property, replacing their former location across the street. It is off the beaten track and is quiet and well done.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chipmanh
Mike M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bangor, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff, I'd like to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Bangor, and thank you for reviewing our new Hampton on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to write your review, and for your kind words regarding our hotel. We hope to see you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

What a wonderful stay. The staff was the best. We often stay at Hampton Inn and I must say this recently opened Inn has to be the best ever. The hotel was quiet and the staff bent over backwards to make sure every need was met. My mother, granddaughter and I spent 3 nights. They serve a nice breakfast in the morning and cookies every night. Rooms were clean and fresh every day. We used the business room for the computer and also toke advantage of the guest laundry area. We were able to wash our clothes before leaving. We really enjoyed our stay. Our room was a nice size and we had plenty of room for a cot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bangor, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for staying at our new Hampton, and thank you so much for your review of our property on Trip Advisor! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful, kind review. We truly look forward to hearing our guests' feedback. We're thrilled that you loved our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again. Please let us know if there's ever anything more we can do for you!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed there January 22 to 24, 2013. I paid their web price of $109/night. With an adequate free breakfast each morning, free cookies, coffee, tea or hot chocolate whenever. Free wifi. Pool, hot tub and exercise room on site. Very good value. Not to mention complimentary offerings each night with the manager. One night was beer/hot wings. Next night was chili, followed by wine and cheese the next.

All staff were pleasant and always said hello. Funny thing is a lot of the clients were the same. I guess it is catching.

This hotel is only 6 months old and it should be clean and it was clean. I never saw someone clean an exercise room so thoroughly, as I witnessed.

The room I had was on the second floor close the elevator. When I was awake in the morning and things were quiet I could hear it's chime when it got to my floor but it is to be expected. The room was very large. It had two queens. I could have parked a small car in the entry.

I would and will stay there again. You won't be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing your recent review of our hotel, and thank you for staying with us. We're very happy you got to experience all that our hotel has to offer, including our three complimentary manager's receptions that we offer every week. Please let us know if there's anything more we can do for you!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

My military work requires me to travel. This is, BY FAR, the BEST hotel I've stayed in!!! When they say "hot breakfast"...they're not kidding. It's not your typical breakfast crap that MOST hotels have. This is GOOD food. It's a brand new hotel, so they still have a few kinks, but nothing worth mentioning. The pool is indoor and awesome. The gym...BRAND NEW equipment. 5lb to 50lb dumbbells. Cardio equipment WITH TV's. All-in-one machine. Medicine balls. One kettlebell. Towels. Water. Headphones. It's top notch!!! Pillows suck...I won't lie! All in all....EVERY HOTEL (other than 5 star fancy hotels) NEEDS TO MIRROR THIS ONE!!!!! If something changes within my 60 day stay, I'll be sure to mention it!!

1 Thank Brian M
Thank you for your wonderful review of our brand new hotel! We're happy to hear you've enjoyed your extended time with us. Most of our guests, like yourself, love our enormous state of the art fitness center, our free hot breakfast, our saltwater pool and hot tub, and our many other ammeneties we offer all our guests. Thank you so much for staying with us!
The Dalles, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The service was awesome. We were able to check in early from an over night flight.

Salt Water Pool and hot Tub.

Was able to lift weights at mid night.

Breakfast was provided each day.

Free coffee, tea 24/7

Staff knew our names.

Room Tip: Go in the winter hardly no one there.