“A great tour, whether you're a reader or not!!”

SK Tours Of Maine, LLC
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Bangor
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I've been a fan of Stephen King's books and movies for years. My girlfriend is not an avid reader and is only familiar with the movies, so, I was a little worried that she wouldn't enjoy herself. I had nothing to worry about!! She loved it, and so did I!! We loved learning about the people, places, and experiences that inspired his stories, as well as, some shooting locations from some of the movies. We not only learned about the stories and movies, but we also learned about King's humble beginnings and his early years as a struggling writer, before 'Carrie' became a best seller.

Stu, was very friendly and accommodating, allowing plenty of time for picture taking and he welcomed questions. The time flew by as we discussed the books, movies and Stephen's personal life.

Like I said, I've always been a fan of Stephen King's books and movies, but now after taking this tour, and learning how generous and humble he is, I am now a fan of the man himself.

There are newer reviews for SK Tours Of Maine, LLC

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I thought about copying and pasting singledad's review...it was spot on. We also stayed in Old Orchard and it was a hike up and back, but worth it 100%. Stu was a wealth of information about Bangor and SK. He stopped and let us out to take pictures whenever needed and had all kinds of great information about SK that the general public doesn't hear. I thought it was most interesting to hear about all of the good things that Mr. & Mrs. King do for the community of Bangor. SK is one of the most generous people I've ever heard of. A great tour for fans of SK and even those who aren't. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I really enjoyed our SK tour. Not only did we hear about SK and his novels, but a history of Bangor - which was a pretty interesting place itself. We drove up for the tour from Old Orchard Beach so I was hoping it would be worth the 4 hours in the car. It definitely was, one of our trip highlights. It was just the two of us with the guide - he drove us around in a clown adorned van. The tour took about 3 hours and hit all the key places as well s some other interesting historical places. Our guide used to own a bookstore in Bangor and knew SK as a regular person. I was amazed of how much SK and Tabitha have done for their community and in return Bangor really hasn't tried to capitalize on his name. It was a lot of fun - would definitely recommend it!

2  Thank singledad
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was a nice 3 hour tour around bag nor "derry" with Stu. He is full of little bits of information and we had a great time listening to his stories. It made me realize how many books i need to catch up on! the highlight was of course seeing SK's house and hearing the tale of his 3 million dollar guest house next door. i would recommend it to fans of the movies and books for sure. it was a great way to spend our only day off in bangor.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stu's tour of Bangor and all things Stephen King is a do not miss attraction when visiting Maine. Stu's knowledge of Stephen King and the stories he tells are fascinating and enjoyable. This was one of the highlights of our trip and we would take the tour again if we were back in Bangor. Stu knows Stephen King on a personal level from owning a bookstore in Bangor and hosting book signing with Stephen King. What I loved hearing about was how Stephen and his wife Tabitha get the community involved in raising funds for the baseball field, the library, etc. The King's are truly community folks who love where they live! Stu was very professional and even followed up via email the day before to confirm - I had booked this months in advance! Thanks again Stu for such a great experience!