“What a Great Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Bangor
East Islip, New York
“What a Great Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife Heather and I traveled from NY (Long Island) to Bangor specifically to go on this tour. I am so glad we did. Stu picked my wife and I up promptly at our hotel and after exchanging pleasantries on the way to pick up other members of the tour, the Stephen King stories began. I consider myself a huge Stephen King fan and very knowledgeable about his books myself, and Stu told me things I had never heard before. Two of our tour-mates never even read a King book and was STILL attracted to this tour. I think that shows how far-reaching the reputation of this tour really is. Spend a few hours with Stu...You won't be dissapointed! Thanks Stu!

-Tom

Visited August 2013

Jefferson, Maine
“SC Granddaughter LOVED this tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Grandmother's in Maine have to really think hard about what activities they want to share with a 15 year old granddaughter from the south. So I booked a tour with Stu, and it was the "BEST" tour ever according to our granddaughter and her friend. They were captivated with the history of this great author, and totally enjoyed the explanations of how Stephen King started out as a young man and becoming a famous celebrity from the great state of Maine. This tour is highly recommended!

Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“IT doesn't get better than THIS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went on a tour a few years ago called The Tommyknocker tour and the tour guide wasn't very knowledgeable about Stephen King, even noticed he was reading from a script. It's pretty bad when you go on a tour and you know more about the subject than the guide! I recently went on Stu Tinker's tour and was blown away by the personal attention, the amount of knowledge he had and the easy going and friendly attitude. Forget the Tommyknockers, You gotta do the SK TOURS OF MAINE, LLC ! No question about it. AYUH!

1 Thank 19CJ19
Bangor, Maine
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best tour in Bangor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you have read Stephen King and want an enjoyable jaunt around to the sites of many occurrences in his books, with a knowledgeable, friendly, and entertaining guide, this is for you.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank EMiller04401
Starkville,MS
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The ONLY thing to do in Bangor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We enjoyed our tour immensely. It helps of course if you are into Stephen King, but it is also a way to learn a lot about Bangor and some of the history of the town. For us, we only had a day in Bangor and it was a way to see a lot of the town without trying to figure it out on our own. Stu is great. He certainly knows his King novels. Definitely read or re-read It before you go, as you see many places from the book. If you have time, you may also want to read or re-read Insomnia as you will see that neighborhood as well.

1 Thank JCzarnecki