“Are you going to Bangor and a Stephen King fan? Do this tour!”

SK Tours Of Maine, LLC
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Bangor
More attraction details
Owner description: SK-Tours provides a 3 hour tour around Stephen King's hometown of Bangor, aka "Derry". We will show you 20 to 30 different places that Stephen King has written about, or been inspired by. Plenty of chance for photos, and who knows, you might just catch a glimpse of Stephen King himself!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was such a wonderful experience! We contacted Stu earlier in the spring when we knew we were going to be in the area. He quickly got our dates sorted out and told us he'd pick us up at our hotel.

Stu was a font of information in regards to King and seems to be a real fan of his work which comes out in his commentary during the tour. We learned so much about certain aspects of King's work (Randall Flagg's name came from a store? Who knew?!?) that we loved every minute of or 3 hour tour.

Beyond his knowledge, Stu really made us feel comfortable by going so far as to stop at the Tim Horton's so I could get a much needed coffee to fuel my caffeine addiction.

I would suggest that if you'll be in the area and you can reserve a time slot, you should do it. You won't regret it.

All reviews
"hour tour"
in 19 reviews
"his life"
in 15 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 14 reviews
"interesting facts"
"king's house"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stu was a great tour guide. My husband has not read many of the Stephen King's books but I had read quite a few. It was interesting to see the places where the author received his inspirations. My husband felt he got a very good tour of the city.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a terrific time with Stu. My wife and I, my brother and his wife, and my two children ages 9 and 11. None of us are Kings " #1 fans"...and you don't need to be to enjoy this tour. Stu makes this experience worth every minute of your time. Stephen King the writer and humanitarian are well traveled during this tour. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The tour guide is what makes the tour what it is. It is fun even if you don't know a lot about Stephen King. It is 3 hours but you get out of the car periodically which is a nice break.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 20, 2013

You don't have to be a Stephen King expert to enjoy this tour. The tour includes a little bit of Bangor history and all you want to know about Stephen King and all the sites in Bangor that relate to him, his books, and his movies. My kids, who have haven't gotten started reading SK, are now inspired to pick him up. As someone who has read a good bit of SK, I now want to reread and catch up on the ones I've missed. Overall, a great tour!