“Wonderful tour and tour guide!”

SK Tours Of Maine, LLC
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Bangor
Woodland, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour and tour guide!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I are both Stephen King fans and this tour was the highlight of our trip up the East Coast. Stu, the tour guide was engaging and knowledgeable and we enjoyed learning about Stephen King and the inspirations behind so many of his stories and characters, plus facts about Bangor and Maine in general. I knew from reading other reviews that it would be a good tour, but Stu and his passion and personal touches made it a GREAT tour!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank HYV

Val d'Or, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Top activity of our Maine 2-weeks visit”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Being a Stephen King fan, my husband hooked us for the SK Tours of Maine, a kind of reality tour show for Stephen King. We get to see and go to key places that has touched very closely influenced Stephen King. Also, we have the chance to visit places that has actually influenced either events and/or characters from different Stephen King's books. The guide is very patient and generous of his time and knowledge. His Stephen King passion throughly shows and we learn and see so much that revolves around Stephen King's universe.

Visited October 2011
3 Thank Farmazone
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Meet Stu & Steve!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We did the SK tour last Sunday afternoon. As the husband of the SK fan I, in contrary to other spouses (see above review), did tag along and sat in the back of Stu's minivan.
Even though I haven't read any SK I thought the tour was amazing and of course my wife was completely happy.
Stu is a very good guide. He knows a lot about all the books, the whole publishing business around it and about Stephen King's personal life. It goes from big, impressive personal stories to funny little details. Furthermore, it's really interesting to hear and see how the different locations in Bangor are being used (and transformed) in the book.
But actually one of the things that amazed the most were the things we saw and heard about SK and his wife's involvement with the Bangor community.
Go and meet Stu & Steve!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank GerardFS77
Ireland
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“I got to play in the Barrens!!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Where do I start! I dragged my family to Maine as I am a HUGE SK fan. We rented a house on Kezar Lake in Western Maine as SK has a summer house there. I was disappointed that there wasn't much out there on Stephen King especially in his home state so I was thrilled to come across SK Tours in Bangor.
My poor husband drove a 7 hour round trip so I could take the tour. We arrived around 1pm and met Stu. I bid farewell to the husband and started what was one of the best 4 hours of my life!! I had tears in my eyes when I was outside SK's house, a real dream come through.
It was great talking with Stu about Kings books and we discovered our top 2 favourite King books where the same!
From visiting the high school where King worked to the run down house he was living in when Carrie was published to where Pet Cemetery was filmed! I was in heaven going around Bangor in Stu's pennywise wagon!
The highlight after seeing Kings house had to be visiting the Barrens from IT. I could almost hear the Losers laughing and joking around and it was very similar to what I imagined the Barrens would look like.
I even got a photo of me lying on the road beside the drain that inspired King to write the Pennywise scene where Georgie bites the bullet. My 17 year old daughter came along for the ride and she even enjoyed herself (although slightly embarrassed when her ma threw herself on the road beside a drain lol)
Stu you have a dream job, if you ever need an apprentice you have my number! If you are a Stephen King Fan DO THIS TOUR - AMAZING.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank TravellinTash
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This is absolutely a must for King fans.”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Very reasonably priced, especially for what you get to see. Stu, the guide, is very informative and shows you things you would probably not have not known about otherwise. He's fun to talk to and is very accommodating. Certainly the best thing I've ever done!

2 Thank Megaliz85