“Good tables”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good tables”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

I enjoyed the table, there are a few really good machine there as well that I have not see anywhere else. The entertainment was not the best by a long shot. The facility was clean, but they were very strict.

Visited May 2014

Portland, Maine
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Always enjoy our stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

We've never actually visited the casino, but we always stay at Hollywood Slots whenever we travel to Bangor. It's just a great hotel! The rooms are well equipped, clean, and quiet. Parking is easy, and the river view is great. The staff is always helpful and very courteous, and the "Epic Buffet" is perfect. We highly recommend Hollywood Slots Hotel.

Visited May 2014
Liverpool, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Good, friendly casino.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We love all casinos, seedy or otherwise. This is far from seedy, a nicely done casino type environment, friendly staff with lots of slots and adequate table games. We had little trouble getting on a table for blackjack. We spent the better part of the day gambling and, among other courtesies, received a complimentary buffet. Parking is free except if there is a nearby special event. Casino staff is their strength - all very friendly.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Buddyboy1
Bar Harbor, Maine
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Good Gambling, HoHum Rooms, Amenities”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

My rating is based on comparison with other casinos I've visited over the years. I would like this "hometown" casino to be at the least "somewhat like" Vegas, but it's sadly lacking. Any casino/hotel complex I have visited seemed to woo guests by wanting to make their stay so pleasant, they will return. Returns=$$$$. Simple formula. The house was not full with guests on a Sunday night. Our experience other places would be that the room would be upgraded from suite to better view...something. Not so here. We were placed in a handicap room which is common when one uses an AARP card for a slight discount. The casino was not crowded. What struck me most was the casino staff - while friendly enough and attentive, they seemed collectively to present an unkempt and ill-groomed lot. Frankly, representing well - well, the seedy side of gambling, sad to say. Outfits/uniforms, even, were poorly fitting, stained and unironed (dealers, etc.). Don't know why staff should be allowed to show up at work like this!This is far different from other casinos anywhere in the US and Carribean. Again, sad.
One meal eaten here - the table and chairs were food stained - simply gross! I think we ate at the end of the buffet hours , so enjoyment of the meal followed true to form of most buffets - a lot of pretty bad food.
I wish I could give a higher rating, but I think this rating is fair. This casino /hotel needs some help compared to any other I've experienced.
I will not return; I will stay another place in the area and just drive to the casino should I want to gamble. The value ( well over $300./night for a suite) just was not there.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank pshop
Hartland, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Less Table games”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I know lots of people love the table games but I wish they'd put them in a different area and have more slot machines. Along with giving a few more new games that don't cost you an arm and a leg to play.

Visited December 2013