“Good Gambling, HoHum Rooms, Amenities”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hollywood Casino

Hollywood Casino
Ranked #7 of 28 things to do in Bangor
Bar Harbor, Maine
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Good Gambling, HoHum Rooms, Amenities”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

My rating is based on comparison with other casinos I've visited over the years. I would like this "hometown" casino to be at the least "somewhat like" Vegas, but it's sadly lacking. Any casino/hotel complex I have visited seemed to woo guests by wanting to make their stay so pleasant, they will return. Returns=$$$$. Simple formula. The house was not full with guests on a Sunday night. Our experience other places would be that the room would be upgraded from suite to better view...something. Not so here. We were placed in a handicap room which is common when one uses an AARP card for a slight discount. The casino was not crowded. What struck me most was the casino staff - while friendly enough and attentive, they seemed collectively to present an unkempt and ill-groomed lot. Frankly, representing well - well, the seedy side of gambling, sad to say. Outfits/uniforms, even, were poorly fitting, stained and unironed (dealers, etc.). Don't know why staff should be allowed to show up at work like this!This is far different from other casinos anywhere in the US and Carribean. Again, sad.
One meal eaten here - the table and chairs were food stained - simply gross! I think we ate at the end of the buffet hours , so enjoyment of the meal followed true to form of most buffets - a lot of pretty bad food.
I wish I could give a higher rating, but I think this rating is fair. This casino /hotel needs some help compared to any other I've experienced.
I will not return; I will stay another place in the area and just drive to the casino should I want to gamble. The value ( well over $300./night for a suite) just was not there.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank pshop

Hartland, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Less Table games”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I know lots of people love the table games but I wish they'd put them in a different area and have more slot machines. Along with giving a few more new games that don't cost you an arm and a leg to play.

Visited December 2013
Bangor
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Worst Breakfast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

How can you screw up breakfast? I'm not too sure, but they managed to. Cold eggs, lots of oatmeal, very few choices. It was the worst "All you can eat" breakfast we ever had. My wife said, never again will we go back there to eat.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Curly1930
St. Petersburg, Florida
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Not bad for a small casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We always make at least one night at the casino every time we are in Bangor. It has a good selection of slot machines. The buffet is decent but the alcoholic drinks are not worth the money as they are poured by a machine and very weak for the price. Worth an hour or two of your time if you are in the area.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank drjds71
Falmouth, Maine
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Above average small casino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Friendly but small casino with live entertainment, not Vegas
quality but certainly better than its competition (Oxford Casino).
Decent restaurant with a an above average buffet. Could improve
with a more international flavor.

Visited December 2013