“Delicious!!!”

Ranked #6 of 183 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Moe's Original Bar B Que serves up an award-winning, all things Southern, Alabama BBQ experience. The award-winning Alabama-style BBQ offerings include Pulled Pork, Ribs, Wings, Chicken and Turkey in addition to Catfish, and a Shrimp Moe-Boy sandwich. Plus, an array of traditional down home Southern sides and tasty desserts are prepared fresh daily.
Fredericton, NB
“Delicious!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stopped in for lunch on our way through Bangor. Immediately, the very busy staff asked if we had been there before. Although we said yes, once, a staff member came from behind the counter and gave us a quick tutorial of the procedure for ordering. I had the sandwich special (pulled rib sandwich) and my sister had the pulled pork platter. Both were excellent. The sandwich had rib meat, sauce and coleslaw, all on a delicious toasted bun.

Keeping in mind that this is a walk up counter service type of place, during the 30 minutes or so that we were there, staff came around at least twice to check to make sure people were satisfied with their meals.

It has become a must-stop place anytime I'm close by.

• Visited April 2014

Corinna, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gluten Free Lunch”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Small Ribs, marinated slaw, and beans all gluten free! So yummy and tasty. They verified that the sauces were still gluten free. Such a great places and the people there are great too.

Stockton Springs
“Love it!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great food, excellent pulled pork sandwich and great coleslaw. Moe's consistently pleases me with great food and service. I also like the daily specials and sides that change. There is a lot of variety and great choices for the kiddos (banana pudding is so good!!) and the day we came, my daughter's lunch was free. I also like that you can call in for take out and pick it up at the drive thru. I am so happy Moe's came to Bangor.

• Visited April 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Awesome smoked ribs”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Visited in March and stopped at Moe's for lunch. Service was great, quick and friendly. I ordered the smoked ribs (4) and the were the best ribs I have ever eaten. 4 was plenty for a big guy. Can't wait to go back next time we are in Bangor

• Visited March 2014
Bangor, Maine
“Excellent BBQ, worth waiting in line for.”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was irritated the first time I went to Moe's, it's small, and it only takes one knucklehead to mess up the works by not following directions. But that momentary pain is worth it. Great BBQ with a fantastic selection of sides, Moe's is worth waiting for (painful but worth it). I've had the typical BBQ fare- pulled pork, smoked turkey, brisket; but one of my friends turned me on to something I would never have tried- the smoked chicken wings- first they're huge, second they're cooked perfectly (don't worry about the pink interior- it's cooked) and third the taste is phenomenal. Staff is great- you feel welcome, no matter how busy it is. Great food- great time- enjoy.

• Visited January 2014

Been to Moe's Original BBQ? Share your experiences!