“Great place for the kids”

Maine Discovery Museum
Ranked #12 of 34 things to do in Bangor
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Three floors, eight major exhibits, daily educational programs, and Too Much Fun!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I really enjoyed taking my kids here. We've even made it a family tradition to visit a museum once a month and this is by far their favorite!
Try and take one of the classes. They're lots of fun!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"boats"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I love the MDM - the place never loses its charm for my daughter and we go at least once per week. We enjoy the exhibits and it's great to see her discover new areas to love as she gets older. Don't miss the special classes, like messy art (a favorite). They're free with your day pass or membership and are such a good time. And the animals are great as well.
I always have a great time at the MDM, almost as much as my daughter does.

1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I took my 7 year old grandson to the museum after we participated in a cancer walk in August. He wasn't sure if he wanted to go to a museum but once we got there I had a hard time getting him to leave! He loved the tree house, the water tables and the Dino dig. We will be going back and bringing his younger siblings.

1  Thank tracy6964
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have been members for multiple years. The facility is clean and organized with plenty to do with the little ones. They are always asking to go to the museum - which tells you a lot about how my children feel about the Maine Discovery Museum.

1  Thank John H
See more reviews
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was a wonderful, educational time for our grandsons, ages 4 and 7. There were lots of hands-on opportunities for us to tryout and explore. In addition, we could bring lunch which helped hold down expense. We pretty much covered all the exhibits in the morning, then returned to favorites after lunch. It was a great day and a worthwhile investment of time and funds

1  Thank MSMaine