“The kids really enjoyed!!!”

Maine Discovery Museum
Ranked #11 of 29 things to do in Bangor
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Three floors, eight major exhibits, daily educational programs, and Too Much Fun!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Saint John, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The kids really enjoyed!!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband, 4 year old and 7 year old at the time, checked this Museum out, while myself and our 15 year old at the time did other things. Since, our 15 year old was not interested. It seems to be more geared for younger children.
They spent a few hours at the Museum and this is really good in knowing that our 4 year old was able to keep entertained this long since he is a busy boy.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank mustexploretheworld

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Very nice”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great place for kids. I was a little worried my 12 month old would be too little to have anything to do, but he had fun.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank mrrogertheshrubber
Brewer, Maine
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A place for all children and the young at heart”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Maine Discovery Museum is so much fun for kids and those young at heart. There is so much to see, learn and do at this fun spot, especially for children. My children love going there. There is so much to learn and encourage learning experiences.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Lew I
Hermon, Maine
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Maine Discovery Museum”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had my daughter birthday party here this year and last year. I was impressed that they had added some new things from last year and it was much cleaner. The only bad thing was I felt really rushed for the party part. There was another group coming in the room right after us and we had to be out in 1 hour (set-up, party, & clean up). The year before no one was after us or before us so we had the room and party at our leisure.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Michelle A
Stockton Springs
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great for younger children.”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have been going to this museum for quite a few years. My older son no longer finds this interesting but he is 12. My children love the exhibit of the shipping boat, although the cargo system that allowed the children to operate a crane to move boxes has been broken for a while and I wish they would fix it. We love the animals in the front and the messy art classes.

Visited March 2013