“Very nice”

Maine Discovery Museum
Ranked #11 of 32 things to do in Bangor
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Three floors, eight major exhibits, daily educational programs, and Too Much Fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great place for kids. I was a little worried my 12 month old would be too little to have anything to do, but he had fun.

2  Thank mrrogertheshrubber
"web"
in 3 reviews
"barge"

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Maine Discovery Museum is so much fun for kids and those young at heart. There is so much to see, learn and do at this fun spot, especially for children. My children love going there. There is so much to learn and encourage learning experiences.

1  Thank Lew I
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had my daughter birthday party here this year and last year. I was impressed that they had added some new things from last year and it was much cleaner. The only bad thing was I felt really rushed for the party part. There was another group coming in the room right after us and we had to be out in 1 hour (set-up, party, & clean up). The year before no one was after us or before us so we had the room and party at our leisure.

1  Thank Michelle A
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have been going to this museum for quite a few years. My older son no longer finds this interesting but he is 12. My children love the exhibit of the shipping boat, although the cargo system that allowed the children to operate a crane to move boxes has been broken for a while and I wish they would fix it. We love the animals in the front and the messy art classes.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 19, 2013

First thing I felt that this museum is geared towards the toddler age group. It is not really advertised as such either. I would like to see an age recommendation on their website. Second there are a lot of display missing crucial parts, not working at all or even closed. We visit during school vacation and there was kids running rampant, banging walls, punching buttons, rough housing and generally acting out. If my own sons acted like that I would have made them leave. The staff who I assume are supposed to be watching them are few and far between and seem to stand back and let the kids do whatever they want. I was disappointed over all, however my son is immature for his age and said it was "pretty fun". I think it would have been more enjoyable with my two other younger kids with us. Prices were reasonable on the few souvenirs they offered.