“Outstanding Customer Service/Staff”

Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
“Outstanding Customer Service/Staff”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Although the hotel is a bit dated, the beds were quite comfortable with tempurpedic mattresses, Kuerig coffee in room. The room was comfortable and clean. The front desk staff was outstanding and went above and beyond. Location was very convenient to the Bangor Waterfront, easily walkable and safe.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brock B, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank-you Keriqueen,

We appreciate your kind response. I am very happy to hear that you were thoroughly satisfied with your accommodations. We are in the process of updating the facility and hope that you will visit us again next time you are in the area. Thank-you for staying with us we appreciate your business and your assessment!

- Fireside Inn & Suites Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Amherst, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was a very ordinary place and priced higher than similar accomodations in the area. The room itself was clean but the tub in the bathroom was old and stained. The room was dark and rather unwelcoming. We will not book here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower floor at the back look out at an abutment.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Brock B, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Good Afternoon,

I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. Our rates do vary throughout the year however; you will find that our rates are average with other hotels nearby. The only noticeable change in rates happens during concert season. Increased rates on concert nights can be explained by many factors. One is convenience, we are walking distance from the Waterfront Concerts, Cross Insurance Center and Hollywood Casino. You are saving time and money by staying with us, we provide parking passes to our guests eliminating the hassle of searching for a spot and paying $10-$20. Another factor is availability, we are a fairly small hotel, and our facility has 51 rooms total. Due to our location, on site pub, guest parking passes, complimentary breakfast and helpful staff we fill up quickly.

Addressing your other comments we want to thank-you, we are working hard to update our facility. We appreciate guests like you letting us know what factors we should focus on improving. It is our goal to make sure every guest leaves satisfied and smiling. I do hope you give us a second chance and allow us to provide and updated fireplace room upgrade. Some rooms are not as far along as others in the renovation process. It sounds to me that you were in one of our less updated rooms. Again we are sorry for any issues during your stay and we hope you give us another try next time you are in the area.

Fireside Inn & Suites
Baileyville, Maine
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My hats of to the management in this facility! I can see a dramatic improvement! A couple of years ago, I was drawn to this facility by its affordability and location. Overall, my experience that time was "okay". The staff were friendly and courteous, however the facility itself was in need of some major TLC. Upon my arrival last weekend, I was pleased to see the changes that have been made. This time, my room was much more pleasing to the eye & very clean. The bed was very comfortable and a noted upgrade from my las visit. I slept like a babe. I could also tell that the bathroom area had been renovated. The warming lamp is a nice addition, as was the fireplace. My room was plenty big enough for me and the other two guests who stayed with me. It was nice to visit Geaghan's Pub, which is attached to the Fireside. Having the table & two high backed chairs also made a nice place to sit and snack on the leftovers we brought back. The mini-fridge was nice & cold and the microwave & coffee maker were convenient. My two-day stay in room 235 was restful, quiet and definitely well worth its minimal price. I wished I could have stayed an extra night to try my hand at the slots next door at Hollywood Casino, but Monday was calling me home. Maybe next trip; and there WILL be a next trip!

Room Tip: I really enjoyed Room 235. It was on the second floor end, so very quiet & private.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Laval, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here as most everything else was booked.Located just a few minutes off interstate 95 the location is 15 minutes from the Bangor Mall.Front desk was very friendly and welcomes guests with free homemade whoopi pies( delicious little chocolate cake confections) however that was the best part of the stay.While the rooms were spacious and beds confortable the level of cleanliness was poor.Dust on top of many services,fingerprint smudges or something all over the armoir,bathroom mirror still had some type of brown splash on it,carpets desperately need a good shampooing to remove caked in dirt along the wall edges.It just kind of seemed like it was only cleaned superfically and not properly in a long time.The " included breakfast" is truly a joke.While there is a restaurant on the premised the included breakfast is just a tiny closet like area where there are a few muffins and some bread in bags on a shelf that you can make toast with.The fruit sits in a basket on top of the fridge that says staff only on it.The coffee machine is in the middle of the hallway facing this closet like are and there is no where to actually consume your so called breakfast but your room-over all just a kind of yuck factor about it so I never actually ate any of it.Would not stay here again unless there really was nothing else in my price range.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ladymax2
Brock B, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Ladymax2,

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. I would like to thank-you for you helpful comments. In in-light of your review we have made many changes to the breakfast room. We have removed the storage refrigerator allowing guests easier access. Our breakfast room is small in comparison to the amount of the rooms in the facility therefore; we provide trays in the rooms. Guests are able to prepare their breakfast items in the breakfast room and enjoy them at the table and chairs provided within their room.

We have been expanding our breakfast amenities as well. Currently we provide multiple cereals, different types of muffins, bagels, and donuts as well as a large variety of bread products. There are many flavors of oatmeal available as well as apples and oranges. Beverages available to guests include hot coco, tea, coffee, apple juice, orange juice, milk and water. Vending machines are located beside the breakfast room for guests interested in other snack or beverage items.

We do not take your cleanliness comments lightly. We have decreased the amount of time between our routine deep cleanings, this includes carpet shampooing. We have painted many bathrooms lately as well and we plan to make more changes in the near future. We are working hard to update the facility to ensure guest satisfactory. It is our goal as a staff to have EVERY guest leave with a smile. I do hope that you give us a second chance and see the changes you help put into effect. Again thank-you for staying with us we appreciate your business.

Fireside Inn & Suites Staff

Travelers are raving about these Bangor hotels

Brunswick, Maine
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

From the outside, one doesn't expect much, but the staff is gracious and my room, 205, was dead quiet and had been recently rehabbed. I had the gas fireplace. The place is immaculate, and the attached pub, Geaghan's, pron. Gaygans, was booming after work on a Thursday. But it is not a late place, so if you go later in the evening, it is fine for a quiet end of day drink or meal. I had a burger that was excellent. It is a quick walk to Hollywood, one of those gigantic casinos if you want to lose money. The room had a Keurig coffee machine, so the room coffee was actually good. The Green Mountain coffee thingie said light blend, but it was fine. One thing, the window fully opens, rare these days. Towels are great, bed is that high tech foam stuff, not my favorite, but apparently everyone else's. So, in all, a perfectly fine place to stay once ou get past the outside appearance.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Brock B, Front Office Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Kilboj,

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are working to improve our outward appearance, and take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms. As a staff, our goal to go above and beyond in making our guests feel at home. We appreciate your review, and hope that you come to see us again next time you are in the area!

Thank-You,
Your friends at the Fireside Inn Bangor
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I arrived as the temperatures were reaching 20 below and lower temperatures predicted. The single room was adequate. The beds were temperapedic and wonderful to sleep on! Restaurant bar next to the inn had great seafood and a wide selection of beers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Brock B, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
We appreciate your review and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Next time try one of our Fireplace rooms, there is nothing better than cuddling up to a cozy fire after a cold day!

Your friends at the Fireside Inn Bangor
Harrisburg, NC
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Clean, staff nice but an overall dump. Others in our party did get a king bed with fireplace so those rooms were nicer... More room. Air very stale...cigarette....ugh! Restaurant good as well as staff but would never recommend staying at this "motel!" Came home with bites from something.

Room Tip: Get room with king and fireplace... Gave our party with singles those rooms and the couples had 2 qu...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ncarolinafamily
Dear ncarolinafamily,

I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with you stay. We are working hard to update all of our rooms and our facility. We have switched the whole building to non-smoking, unfortunately some guests disregard the change. Our house keeping staff tries their best to remove the smoke odor, I am sorry to hear that in your case it was unsuccessful. I can assure you that our rooms are all pest free, we get regular checks on all of our rooms and have been guaranteed that there are no bug issues.
Again, I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. Our goal is to go above and beyond in satisfying all guests. I hope that you will give us another chance to ensure your satisfaction in our staff and facility.

Your friends at the Fireside Inn