“Great little spot”

Description: http://www.bagelcentralbangor.com/
Maine
“Great little spot”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This place always seems to be busy but that's because it's so yummy. Lots of options for your bagel and their eggs are real good too! Nice people who work there

Visited August 2012

Bangor, Maine
“Cream cheese....”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stopped in here for breakfast.... very cool place the fresh homemade apple cinnamon bagel with honey butter was delicious. oh ya and my girl friend loves the homemade cream cheese she says they always a different flavor! this day was sundried tomato!

• Visited November 2012
milford
“Breakfast in Bangor”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

A good breakfast spot in Bangor! Bagels are made on premisses and other baked goods are available. There are also good soups and sandwiches here at lunch time!

Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bagel Central is Way Overrated!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Students seem to brag about Bagel Central, so I tried it 2 years ago and was completely disappointed. The bagels are shaped squarish, the bagels are very small, and they all taste like pastry white dough. I asked for an onion bagel... Mine had no seeds (looked identical to a plain bagel), and the rep. told me to my face that was an onion bagel! Service was slow, they did not let me know when my bagel was ready, the butter made the bagel soggy and the bread wasn't even hot when I got it... and when I finally decided to give Bagel Central another chance 2 years later, I come back to find that they are closed on Saturdays! BAGEL CENTRAL SUCKS!!!!

1 Thank andrejfavia
Boston, MA
“Bagel or Biscuit?”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The selection of bagels is impressive - real butter and heaps of cream cheese and the pastry options were ample. But I won't go back. This was my carb splurge for the day, and it wasn't worth it. It depends on how you like your bagels I suppose, but in my world a good bagel is chewy, a little crisp when it's toasted - lots of seeds or cinnamon or whatever. The bagel was fresh, but not chewy. There was no crusty outside. And, it tasted strongly of baking soda, it actually had the texture and taste of a biscuit. Not bad, just not what I was there to have.

If you're in a hurry this isn't a DD, no quick in and out. The line moves at a decent pace, the employees were pleasant, but after placing my order I waited more than 10 mins for a toasted bagel.

• Visited September 2012