“good buffet”

Oriental Jade Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Oriental Jade Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 187 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Chinese, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I went here once freshman year of college, and the buffet was really good! Lots of choices, and it was all very delicious. The wait staff was very nice, and it didn't take that long for us to be seated either.

There are newer reviews for Oriental Jade Restaurant

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We've been going to Oriental Jade for several years now, when in the area and the food has always been consistently good.
Tonight, we stopped in to try the buffet.
We had very good service and once again the food was very good.
I would recommend it to anyone and we will be back.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This review is of a recent visit but we have been here many times but not reviewed before. I am certainly aware that everyone has their own preferences regarding Chinese food so one has to take reviews with a grain of salt. We very much enjoy the buffet at Oriental Jade, whether it be the lunch one or the more extensive and expensive dinner version.

As in buffets in general we did find some items not hot, which is always very disappointing, but I never have the feeling that things have been lying out forever or are suspect health-wise. There is always a good variety. I do not eat beef unless I have to, but there are lots of chicken dishes, plus of course salads and other things.

We are seniors and this time were able to get here on a Tuesday for the seniors discount. We arrived in time for the tail end of the lunch menu so it was very inexpensive. Beware that at the changeover time between lunch and dinner .. I think it is around 4 PM... they charge you based on the time when you last go up and fill up your plate. So you might arrive at at time when it is still lunch but if you are a little slow and go up for a second round and it has turned into dinner time you could be charged for the higher level. This is a little stressful but I do see the point, as the extra items such as fish, shrimp, crab, etc are being brought out. When we were there they began to bring out some of these things priior to the changeover time and we were told that we were welcome to take any of these things since they were in fact out early.

I don't know what else to say except that despite also trying another Chinese restaurant in Bangor this time around we plan to come once again to the Oriental Jade next time we visit. A trip to Bangor would not be complete without doing so!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My waitress was almost pleasant enough to offset the disappointment of the buffet and menu for me as a vegetarian. I went to Oriental Jade with a omnivore who enjoyed the inexpensive buffet, but found it heavy on sauce and grease. I had the Stirfried Tofu and Seasoned Vegetables with Shiitake Mushrooms, one of the two meatless entree options on the lunch menu. The dish was dominated by pieces of the bland white stalk of a Chinese vegetable, maybe bok choy, I don't think the vegetables qualified as seasoned and the rice was a little dry. The condiment selection included duck sauce, soy sauce, hot mustard, salt and pepper, but I was looking for a more flavorful dish to start. This casual restaurant has several party rooms and a separate bar, and I was seated in the room with the buffet, which was clean, had comfortable seating, and a Chinese-theme.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

traveled all around the world and hands down the best menu and buffet I have ever had!! Everything is awesome and love it ALL!! Always cant wait to go back.. DC