“big paul”
Review of Paul Bunyan Statue

Paul Bunyan Statue
Ranked #4 of 32 things to do in Bangor
More attraction details
Owner description: This mighty 31-foot statue of the "great tree-biter" towers over the landscape in Bangor's Bass Park.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

was surprised by him... behind him now stands the cross insurance center... he is huge though, didnt know he was there... nice fun pics to take.

1  Thank Fawn23

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Read about this statue before I arrived in Bangor, it was easy to find driving downtown, but there was no place to park to get a picture. Paul Bunyan is well kept an a part of Maine hertitage. Quite a sight.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Noticed that this was an attraction. For an out of towner, it's more of a place to take pictures to me.

Good:
-Great picture to take
-Clean and well maintained

Bad:
-Parking

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I'm so glad the did not move him, he is part of the Bangor family. always brings a smile to my face when I see him . A land mark that no one can miss when looking for the civic center

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I grew up in Bangor so I've seen the statue a lot. I feel proud he is part of our heritage. He represents one of ME logging history which was pretty significant to the growth and development of the state.
Oh, and the title of this review- I recently learned that my grandmother thought he was very handsome. If you look across at him from the Hollywood casino parking garage you can see she was right.

Been to Paul Bunyan Statue? Share your experiences!