“Friendly Waitstaff”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

While we have been to 99 Restaurants in other locations, what set this one apart for us was the friendly waitstaff. The waitress who served our table seemed to appreciate our being there and wanted to make sure we had a nice meal.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

i really liked my meal, got the sirloin tips and chix tender combo, it was excellent and cooked perfect.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've been to several 99s in different parts of the country, and they're a pretty consistent chain. That said some are better than others—this one is par. The food was okay and the wait staff was great. But there was nothing that made this chain restaurant stand out.

There are literally a dozen options in the same area. I'd keep looking.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had lunch here during our vacation to Bangor. Staff were all very friendly and attentive. I had a lunch special which consisted of a turkey harvarti sandwich and seafood chowder. Both were really tasty but the cup of soup was small. My husband had steak tips and garlic mashed potatoes. The steak was quite good and the garlic mashed potatoes were excellent. Our daughter was not as pleased with her choice of pasta with marinara sauce. The sauce was really plain, almost tasteless. We would certainly return tho, we would just make a different selection for our daughter.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I recently had dinner at 99 Restaurant and Pub in Bangor and we were both thoroughly satisfied with the food and service. I was delighted to discover that they had Guinness stout on tap. I found their "all star burger" to be the best hamburger I've ever had in Maine. The atmosphere, although somewhat commercial, was pleasant and they provided very good background music.