“Good Food, Comfortable Ambiance”

Thai Siam Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #136 of 189 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: We are proud to have served the Greater Bangor region for over 10 years. Stop by to check out our newly renovated establishment combining style and cuisine. Your first trip will surely not be your last.
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I don't have a whole lot of experience with Thai food, but I have to say that I was very satisfied with the offerings here.
It's a comfortable place to eat and has great views of Downtown Bangor - plenty of people watching.
Not to be missed is the Fried Garlic Leaves from the appetizer menu. I could easily make a meal from a double (or triple!) order of these scrumptuous delights.
Service was a little slow, but friendly, helpful and efficient.

1  Thank RS457

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I find myself having a difficult time reviewing this restaurant and perhaps being a little too generous in its appraisal. The reason being that for New England in general I appreciate the effort to produce good Thai food. So let me begin... my family and I enjoyed a broad spectrum of the menu when we lunched here on October 22nd. The curries, noodle dishes, and satay were all good (but not great). I found the standout was the crab Rangoon. The restaurant is a little dark, unkempt, with some odd musty odours and poorly designed/positioned washroom facilities. However, I really appreciate the efforts to produce good Thai food.

Summary, it is good Thai food.... but for New England the effort gets a four out of five.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Everything about this place was average. The previous reviews say things like, it was better than before, we stumbled in and..., the band next door was good. The food was average. The decor was average. The waitstaff was average. The price was average. OK, but don't make a special trip.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The fantastic thing about this place is no matter how many times I eat here, or take out, no matter the time of day, it is always EXACTLY the same....EXCELLENT! I've never had a bad or even mediocre meal here. The food is fresh and delicious. The waitstaff is always pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu.
They have so many things on the menu to choose from. Plus, not expensive at all. My husband and I can eat lunch here for about $25.00. Total. I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant!

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

At ten to ten in the evening this restaurant graciously allowed us to order dinner. The food was delicious and had a nice presentation. The decor was most interesting. This restaurant was in a party section of town. Right next door was a live rock band. Kind of fun!