“Great meal at a nice place”
Review of The Luna Bar & Grill - CLOSED

The Luna Bar & Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Luna Bar and Grill of Bangor, Maine================================Under New Ownership & Management as of 07/24/13!!================================DescriptionExquisite food & drink meets a casual,relaxing atmosphere with impeccable, friendly service. Located just a hop, skip, and jump away from downtown Bangor! Right behind City Hall.Bar Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 5PM to 1AMRestaurant Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 5PM to 10PMWalk-ins certainly welcome, however, parties of 4 or more are encouraged to call ahead!We have a private dining room available for private functions, perfect for business meetings, pharmaceutical related events, rehearsal dinners, receptions, graduation parties etc.
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I really like the new Luna. I've been a few times since it opened under new management and I thought the food was excellent and the service very good. I'll definitely go again soon. The scallop special was amazing and great as leftovers the next day and the crusted salmon was quite delicious.

It's a little less expensive than the other great restaurants in town, like 11 Central, Massimo's, Thistles and The Fiddlehead. I liked the food very much and appreciated not spending quite as much on a night out.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Unique menu and ambience. Great little spot for date night or a night out with the girls after work! Great food consistently and fun atmosphere, friendly service and the best drinks in town!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I went to Luna on a Tuesday night. Through out my whole experience at Luna the staff was awesome. The hostess that was there was very friendly, nice, bubbly, and sat us very quickly even though the place was quite busy, once we were sat she then told us about the half priced martinis and even recommended a couple of them. Our server was very nice they came to us shortly after we were seated and had bread and water in hand. The food was amazing, the drinks were delicious and both were delivered in a timely fashion. On our way out the host said, "Have a good night, hope to see you again soon!" She was very personable and seemed genuinely glad and hopeful to see us again, and I can assure you we will be back :)

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I met a friend at Luna this week. The hostess was absolutely rude, asking me to "wait for my friend" before she would seat me (it should be noted that this was at 5:00, not in mid-evening service). When she returned, my friend had arrived, but another larger group was standing in front of us. She asked them for the name and reservation, and was prepared to seat them before us if the woman in the party noted that we had been there first. We were seated in the back room, which was cold. We waited fifteen minutes for our drinks, which were very good. The waitress was not consistent-she did a great job of keeping our water glasses full, and checked in with us frequently. But she didn't ask us if we wanted dessert, producing our bills before we were done eating. She then took the bills back after my friend ordered just a cup of coffee. The meals were variable. My friend enjoyed the bistro steak very much. I ordered the fish and chips, and the pieces of fish were smaller than chicken nuggets. With a number of very good establishments to choose from in Bangor, I would be hesitant to return to Luna anytime soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Regular chairs and tables no longer seem good enough these days for restaurants. The Luna has fallen into this recent unfortunate trend and the main dining room is furnished with bar stool height chairs and bar height tables and elevated benches. Looks nice and okay for very casual dining and good for drinking, but not a romantic table and chair setting where one can put one's feet on the floor. The Luna's table and chair dining area can best be described as and unappointed/unfinshed with wires and TV cables hanging from the wall.The room was not inviting.
The spinach salad and the grilled romaine salad were excellent. Wild mushroom ravioli, with a creme sauce was good with a nice earthy but almost overpowering mushroom notes. The dish was good, but did not stand out from similar dishes served in chain/formula restaurants. The rotateing scallop dish was very good, served with mushroom and spinach risotto, topped with red pepper coulis sauce and asparagus vegetable du jour. TripAdvisor has the price range here starting at $5.00, but that's for potato chips with salt, pepper and dip. Most of the salads and appetizers are closer to $10.00. It would be fair to say a normal dinner for two, salads, entrees and drinks will run around $75.00 or more plus tip.