“If a pub is what you want, a pub is what you get”

John Geaghan Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #9 of 181 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“If a pub is what you want, a pub is what you get”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I've been to geaghan's many of times and haven't wrote a review about it. I decided to after reading the negative reviews. First thing is first, don't look at the negative reviews and stray away. If you are looking for an Irish pub with Irish pub food, this is the place. You WILL not find a better place for home brewed beer in the town of Bangor. If you end up going this winter, you will have to try the icebreaker. If you need help deciding on a meal morning or evening, remember the chieftain sandwich with reserve sauce. In the morning try the chieftain omelet, you won't be disappointed. If your looking for something that's not pub food, go someplace else rather then give these guys a bad review, they are doing everything right.

• Visited August 2013

St. Augustine, Florida
“Below average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Four of us had a 3:30 pm late lunch. One had Black pastrami sandwich which he said was good. Another had chicken, cheese spinach sandwich melt -he liked it. Nachos appetizer not great. Fish and chips looked good. I had "Molly's broiled scallops" Came with salad, which was lovely but the baked potato tasted like cool paste and it was small. The scallops tasted old with a Clorox aftertaste. They were almost inedible.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sue S
Brewer, Maine
“Ya Gotta Have the Buffalo Wings!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you're gonna go to Geaghan's ya gotta have the Boneless Buffalo Wings!!! I mean don't even look at the menu just simply ask for the boneless Buffalo wings and a beer!! You will not be sorry! They have a great atmosphere in their pub area and one heck of a selection! And they are located right next door to the Casino for easy access!!!

• Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“We liked it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed in the attached hotel (Fireside Inn) and saw so many patrons leaving the pub/restaurant smiling we knew they must have had a good dining experience. We ate there late, but the staff was still upbeat and polite. I ordered fried scallops, hand-cut french fries and coleslaw. While all were admittedly bad for my health, all were superb for my taste buds. My wife ordered a broiled scallop dish they make with Swiss cheese and bacon bits (she chose not to have the cheese), and a salad. The salad came with the dressing on the side so she could add the amount she wanted. While her scallops were broiled and mine fried, they were the most tender scallops we've ever had. I cannot speak for other dishes they serve, but we found the portions fine. We were definitely full when we left.

I was impressed that there was a steady stream of take-out orders. The staff wore funny tee-shirts with retro graphics advertising the various beer they brew, and they are for sale too. The restaurant was busy, but the staff kept a good pace and the atmosphere was cheerful. Overall it was a very good dining experience and we'd go back.

• Visited July 2013
“Skip it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our server was very friendly and nice but that's where the warm fuzzies ended. The food was just not good. My sandwich was nothing special with hardly any meat on it and the onion rings we got were inedible. They were obviously out of a bag but the batter was like cement. I can eat almost anything deep fried but not these. My husband got fried shrimp which were more like popcorn shrimp and just okay. Good place to grab a local beer on tap but skip the food.

• Visited June 2013