“Great homecooked breakfast”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Saint John, Canada
“Great homecooked breakfast”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at the Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway, so an early morning found us across the parking lot to Geaghan's. Great service good food and a fare price, what more can you ask for.

• Visited May 2013

Maine
“Run, don't walk anywhere else.”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We ordered take out after checking into the hotel. Nothing out of the ordinary, nothing special order. No utensils, no condiments, cold food, rude service after being ignored and walked by several times or they stood there and then having to ask for help. Then, when I returned to request condiments, they were literally thrown at me.

The food itself was eh. But, it is a place I would be scared to send it back if god forbid anything was actually wrong with it.

Never ever ever again.

• Visited April 2013
Gilford, New Hampshire, United States
“Another Lesson”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

When will I learn not to order food of another ethnicity....as once again it was not pleasing. I ordered a chicken casadilla with veggies and it came without the chicken....I also hate when waitiers take your order and don't write it down! My husband ordered the Rib-eye open faced sandwich and he said it was awesome. To each his own. Geaghan's definetly has a local following as the place was packed so the food must be good or the beer is better!!

• Visited March 2013
Canada
“Are you tired of restaurant chains?”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

After going to a couple of restaurant chains (recommendation based on Tripadvisor, and it was not difficult to find them in Bangor), we were absolutely sick of bland and mediocre at its best food in those places, and desperately needed to go somewhere else. So we tried Geaghan's, and loved it.

The signature boneless chicken wings were very, very tender and delicious, and our burger was just perfectly cooked to our liking. I know most people do not care about the quality of hamburger buns, but I really liked the buns too. We also loved their super crispy chips as well. I did not confirm this with our waitress, but the chips felt made from like freshly cut potatoes, rather than per-cooked frozen types.

As we were dead tired, and not super hungry, we had no room for dessert after our burgers, but I would certainly try them next time as the restaurant makes their dessert in house. Also, they have their original brews on tap, which I did not try as I was driving, but will for sure have one next time.

This place is certainly not for people who find comfort in the restaurant chains. Some may find the décor needs updating, and the place does not have the artificial "wholesomeness" chain restaurants are so good at offering. However, I am sure this is the place locals go for a beer and a good pub grab, and I would recommend this place for any one who'd much prefer to go to a local pub rather than a nation-wide chains.

• Visited March 2013
Saint John, Canada
“Simply put: save your time and eat elsewhere!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had dinner at the Geagan Pub at the recommendation of my buddy. He had lived in Bangor while going to college 5 years before and said it was a great pub. Before I go on, I must admit that I've never posted a review in TripAdvisor before. After my experience, I felt it was my obligation.

The pub is attached to a motel/hotel situated next to the casino in Bangor. Upon our arrival, around 9pm, we asked to be seated in the pub. Our 'host' suggested that we sit in the restaurant, as the pub was full. No prob. There were only 3 tables occupied in the restauarant as we were led to our booth. The young man that showed us to our seat was just in a pair of dirty jeans and tshirt. He seemed to hate his life......actually, I'm not going to waste any more time with this place.......

The floors were beyond dirty. Absolutely gross. And they were carpeted too.....disgusting. I doubt they had been cleaned in a long, long, time. One of the staff was attempting to sweep the carpet - I'm serious - a vacuum would go a long way.

I ordered fish & chips. Being from the coast, I love my fish and chips. These were close to the worst fish and chips I've had. I was starving, and I only picked at them. After seeing how filthy the restaurant was, I was not surprised to see how dark the deep-fried pub food was. I could only imagine the last time that the deep-fryer was cleaned. The fish wasn't battered, nor was it breaded - it was covered in almost a Shake and Bake kind of product. No good.

My buddy ordered a steak sandwich. He only had a few bites and we decided that we would pay our bill and leave. We were worried about getting sick because of the sanitary issues.

This place is gross. It was my first and last time here. My buddy said it had gone downhill bigtime since he had been there years ago.

The only positive I can say is that the pub area seemed lively.

• Visited February 2013