“great motel”

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Fredericton NB
“great motel”
Reviewed September 1, 2008

great motel very clean nice people free continental breakfast was awesome....will stay there every time i go to bangor....price was right too...

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — they dont take canadian money in Bangor arrrgggg
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank barman1972

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Newport, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 20, 2008

I had read reviews that were quite positive, and we were looking for an overnite place in Bangor returning from a Prince Edward Island camping trip.

The room was clean, the beds were fine, decent tv, and the price was right. The continental breakfast was satisfactory. The parking area was certainly sufficient for a pickup truck and a popup camper. The hotel is adjacent to I95 south.

The corridor had a faint musty odor that I attributed to the carpet being infused with cigarette smoke over time, but this was not the case in the room.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank SullivanNewHampshire
MONCTON
Reviewed August 19, 2008

This motel is one of the cleanest motels you will find in Bangor.
I have stayed here numerous times and it is always clean. The carpet in most motels is disgusting, but not here. The bathroom is dated with aqua tub and toilet, but who cares as long as it works. The Super8 has clean rooms and friendly staff. I would highly recommend this motel as the price is great and the rooms are clean.
MONCTON NB CANADA

• Liked — THE CLEANLINESS OF THE ROOMS
  • Disliked — THAT THERE ARE STILL SMOKING ROOMS
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank digit132
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Pros: Clean, quiet, AC, wireless internet

Cons: The beds had some sort of liner under the sheets (I guess for people peeing the beds, I don't know) which made everything uncomfortable because it bunched up in areas. I quickly took that off the bed however I then soon realized that the bed was just really uncomfortable. The bathroom had only a toilet and a tub, the sink was outside in the main room.

There was a continental breakfast in the morning which included: cereal, toast, doughnuts, milk, coffee, and juice.

If cheap is what you are looking for, then rent here... otherwise go next door to the Travel Lodge!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Newfoundland
Reviewed August 12, 2008

The Super 8 was a nice little motel, pretty much as expected. There are actually two hotels in the parking lot, and we went to the wrong one first, so you may want to note that the Super 8 is on the left-hand side, and the parking is next to the building, not in the middle of the lot.

The room was fairly big and definitely seemed clean. The bathroom was tiny, but the shower had good pressure, which I appreciated after two days on the road and sleeping in a chair on a ferry! The TV had lots of channels, and the beds were soft but comfortable. The breakfast provided was a great touch - lots of options and plenty of room.

We stayed only long enough to sleep and go again, but I'd definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Location was great - right on highway, breakfast was nice
  • Disliked — Sink was outside bathroom (but that had its advantages too with two people)
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vips_va
Miramichi NB
Reviewed June 4, 2008

We stayed at the Super 8 on our way to Florida. We chose it as they were near I-95, and offered park and fly, as we were flying out of Bangor. I must say it's not as fancy a place as a big chain hotel, but in a lot of ways, it's better. Clean, friendly staff, quiet, and the Contiental Breakfast had a far better spread to choose from than anywhere else we've ever seen. Our vacation was cut short by a cancelled flight, forcing us to return a day earlier. We attempted all day to book a room during our return, no luck as there was a convention in town. Our flight arrived in Bangor at 11:30 pm, and my wife, 2 boys (8 and 5) we worn out. I called the Super 8 to get the van, and asked if there was a room. Certainly, we leave one room unoccupied incase we over book. We just released it. The best new we could have heard. One of the owners came to pick us up, and we enjoyed a great sleep. The staff were great. It's not the Ritz, but in a lot of ways, it's better. We will defintely be back.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Wish they had a pool
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank kdmac1
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 2, 2008

I stayed at the Super 8 memorial day weekend. I would have to say that previous reviews are right on: the motel offers clean, spacious rooms at a reasonable price. The following was noteworthy:

-The rooms were very clean, especially for a motel chain.
-The room was far larger than I expected.
-The room was surprisingly quiet - I can be noise sensitive (I travel with a Sharper Image travel sound soother) and felt it was very good in this regard - I faced the back parking lot.
-The price was reasonable.
-There was a complementary breakfast (which was so so but was free). There is also a Dunkin Donuts nearby.
-There was no cable for the TV, but TV did work.
-The exit for 95 and other highways is nearby and convenient.

• Liked — Cleanliness, convenience/location
  • Disliked — No cable TV (but no big deal)
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo