Courtyard by Marriott Bangor
$112
ComfortInn
$93
Bangor Inn & Suites(Bangor)(Great Value!)
$90
$150
$115
$149
$129
Hampton.com
Best Western White House Inn(Bangor)(Great Value!)
$101
$95
BestWestern.com
Quality Inn(Bangor)(Great Value!)
$100
The Country Inn at the Mall(Bangor)(Great Value!)
$105
$199
Orbitz.com
All reviewstypical courtyardice machinehot tubwould definitely stay here againoff the highwayspacious roomexercise roomking bedhousekeeping staffstayed here for one nightincluded breakfastup to datebar harborlobbywiimaineshopping
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We recently spent another night at the 'Bangor Courtyard by Marriott'. Generally, I still think this hotel is a solid choice. It's fairly new with spacious rooms, friendly service, etc. I did want to mention that on this stay we were assigned a room sort-of tucked behind the ice-machine cubby (314? 344??), which did cause a bit of room noise. The other annoying experience on this visit was that the wifi was impossible in this room.... weak signal that kept dropping.

Not major irritations on a one-night stay... but I did want to mention for other reviewers & management.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
BangorCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Thank you for deciding to stay with us again on your second visit to the area. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations regarding your room location. We appreciate you bringing to our attention the noise and the internet access issues you had during your stay. I now have maintenance looking into it. Thank you for the heads up!

At your service,

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I spend a few days here while on vacation in Maine. This place was a little nicer than your average Courtyard. Rooms were similar to higher end hotels. There is also a grill located in the lobby of the hotel. This was nice since we checked in around 10 p.m. and it was open until 11 p.m. So, we were able to get some Turkey BLTs and Quesadillas when we checked in. It has all of the standards for a Courtyard - pool, fitness center, etc. There are some restaurants nearby but not a ton of them. The staff was friendly and the check-in process was painless.

Room Tip: No real advice here - there is no single side of the hotel that would have a better view - might want on the back side of the hotel in the next year since there is construction during the day on the front side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Recent Guest,
We appreciate you choosing our Bangor Courtyard by Marriott for your visit to Maine. I hope your vacation was fantastic! Thank you for mentioning your experience with our Courtyard Bistro-open every day - serving Starbucks coffee, breakfast, dinner and cocktails. And thanks for mentioning your satisfaction with our rooms and with the associates you encountered at check-in.
We hope to see you on your next visit to Bangor, Maine.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a night on our way to Canada. We reserved through the 800 number, used Reward points, and showed up about 10 minutes after making the call. The front desk staff had our reservation and checked us in immediately. I liked the two podium setup for check-in!

Our room was a spacious King. I was impressed with the layout of the room, the cleanliness, and the size of the bathroom.. and I especially liked the decorator's choice of colors. Very soothing after a long day. There is a 32" (I think) flat screen TV in the room; there are also plenty of spots to stash all the bags one tends to carry into a hotel room.

No free breakfast here, but there is Starbucks. I'll take Starbucks over a continental breakfast any day! The location is very convenient as well, as it is near the Mall right off 95 yet the grounds are quiet (or they were on a Sunday night, at least).

I'd definitely stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Bangor again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dana R
BangorCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Bangor was enjoyable. You hit on our highlights, great location, clean, spacious rooms, Starbucks in the Bistro...thank you for letting us know we met your expectations. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

We look forward to your next visit,

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Clean spacious room. Huge bathroom. Parking was just okay as the hotel was full an there is construction in the parking lot. As with other Courtyard...love the Starbucks! Close to malls...not so close to concert venue.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Bangor Courtyard by Marriott. I'm happy to hear that your room was accommodating and thank you for mentioning Starbucks-we proudly brew Starbucks coffee 24 hours a day. I apologize for the parking situation due to construction. We hope to have it cleaned up and ready for your next stay with us. We are anxiously awaiting the completion of our new property right next door, the TownePlace Suites by Marriott.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Booked a room for two nights last weekend. Hotels are starting to finally get their act together to provide a certain level of service. The Bangor Courtyard definately has figured out this formula. Here's what I liked that was maybe a little different from other hotels. Check-in desk - most hotels have a large check-in desk where the employees are doing a million things. Not here. There's a small check-in desk and the person is standing so the only other thing they are doing if not servicing you, the guest, is maybe taking a call. Over two days I went to that desk for change, pay for drink and snack from the little store (twice) and getting directions. Never once did they have to say "be with you in a minute" because they are basically just standing there waiting for someone to walk up. It was great. And this hotel was very busy, every spot in the parking lot was taken. There's no free breakfast but that was ok. They had good starbuck's coffee and some decent breakfast items that weren't grossly overpriced. I also really liked the room - it was big and roomy. Not the best sound muffling rooms I've ever been in (we could hear the person the next floor above walking around), but didn't hear any slamming doors or hallway noise so that was great. Fast elevators - for a full hotel to have a fast elevator was a dream come true. Believe me, if you travel alot a fast elevator is a treat. Overall a very good experience. Oh, and I believe they had a saltwater pool that we swam in. It's small but we didn't stink of chlorine when we got out. Not positive but there were signs that said it was a special eco-friendly pool. Only drawback was the breakfast staff really didn't know how to work a line of customers. If one person can't decide you move to the next in a really nice way by saying "let me give you a minute and when you're ready just speak up and I'll ring you up". They just let the person take their time and all I wanted was a self-service cup of coffee. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Doreen S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful review. Our Guest Service Associates genuinely understand that our valued guests are our top priority, and it's gratifying to read your description of the service they provided to you. I'll be sure to share your praise with our team. I also really appreciated your frank observations about the delay in ordering Starbucks. I will discuss your suggestions with our staff, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to hosting you again when you travel back to Bangor.

Kindest Regards,