“Now thats nice!”

Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Nova Scotia
“Now thats nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here because a storm was causing dangerous driving conditions. Check Inn was nice and easy with friendly staff. Parking was easy in the big front lot for my truck and trailer. I was disappointed when I got to my room on the fourth floor. I have just gotten used to budget hotels. This room was VERY NICE! For me this was luxury. No complaints. My only concern was it's regular price is expensive and I couldn't have stayed here if the room hadn't been discounted for me, especially for just 8 hours. If you need to stay in Bangor for a shopping trip and have a car to get around and you want to pamper yourself, this is the spot.

Room Tip: i'd prefer a front facing room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BangorCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Bangor, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we're happy to have been able to provide you with shelter during the storm. If your future travel brings you back to the Bangor area please be sure to check out our online specials. Many may fit your budget and provide you with the pampering you deserve when you travel.
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your feedback.

At your service,
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Charlottetown, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

This Marriott is nicely located close to Interstate and shopping areas.Hotel staff are great very friendly and helpful. After checking inn and finding our room was on backside of hotel we called down and were given a room on the front side with no problem.(Due to having items in our truck we wanted to be on parking lot side so it would be possible to hear alarm if set off).Only thing missing was coffee and tea in the lobby although it was there in the mornings early.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Doreen S, General Manager at Courtyard Bangor, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Bangor Courtyard on Trip Advisor. I'm pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate your request to change rooms. Thank you for mentioning our friendly guest service agents; they are committed to making your stay memorable. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for choosing the Bangor Courtyard by Marriott for your travel needs. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,
Swanton, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I usually stay on Odlin Road by the airport when I visit Bangor, so I thought I would try this Courtyard that my fellow co-worker told me was great. I really like the hotel layout, the relaxing atmosphere was devine, but unless you have a car, you are stuck. There isn't anything remotely close to this hotel, it is on a service road next to the interstate, just down from car lots and a skating rink. There isn't any food, convience store or any type of amentity within walking distance during the winter months. If you have a vehicle, then there are many restaurants, the mall, and a Sam's Club a short drive away. The bistro inside the hotel has great service, nice relaxing tables with flat screen TV's, a table for laptop recharge and use, and fabulous wi-fi throughout the entire sitting and eating area. The bar has a decent drink selection, and the food is very good. It is a limited menu, but is prepared right there and is very fresh. There is an indoor pool and hot tub that are awesome, but the workout room only has two treadmills and one elliptical, and was full most of the time I wanted to work out. I stayed two nights, and had breakfast and a supper meal at the bistro and was pleased, but was getting a little stir crazy to get out and walk. The Bangor mall is right accross the interstate, but will take a good while to get to it, and is not recommended in the winter. (the temp was -10 when I was there). There is no airport shuttle for this motel either, so even though I really liked the property, I will probably go back accross the interstate and stay on Odlin road by the airport the next time I stay in Bangor.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor towards the end, and didn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at the Bangor Courtyard by Marriott, we loved having you here. I'm happy that you were impressed with the fresh & healthy food options in our Bistro. It sounds like your stay would have been perfect if you'd had access to a car. I'm sorry that we weren’t aware of your desire to explore the mall area. Bangor has a wide variety of taxi & bus services available, we would have been happy to call one of the taxi companies for you. Thank you for your complimentary review on Trip Advisor, and I hope you will consider staying with us again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here in november, returning from a shopping trip, the price was a bit higher than others but with a government id we got a discount. The hotel is very clean, modern, definatly my style, beautifull. Everything was perfect. We would definatly stay again!!

• Stayed November 2012
BangorCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Bangor, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last fall, and we're so glad that you'll be joining us again soon. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business and thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

NB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel was very nice, clean and great customer service. I was told by one of the staff that it's only 4 years old. We were offered a rate at $99/night and when we got there, we had a New Years gift bag waiting for us with free breakfast vouchers for the 2 mornings we were going to be there, also a $50 coupon off our next stay at Marriott. There is no free breakfast buffet like some Marriotts but they do have a Bistro where you can buy breakfast and other things. It's not walking distance to restaurants, malls, etc, but when you're driving it's real close to everything (mall, restaurants, etc.). My husband and I were very happy with the service and our stay and will def. stay there again.

Room Tip: We requested top floor and we had a room at the very end of the hall on top floor and was great, ver...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BangorCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Bangor, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
I'm very pleased to hear that you took advantage of the special New Year's Eve weekend package that we had available the entire last weekend of 2012. And of course we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all the goodies that came with your package. I encourage you to check in with us from time to time when you are looking for another mini getaway as we will have several special promotions and packages available throughout 2013.
We appreciate you taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and hope to have you with us on your next visit to the Bangor area. Happy New Year!

Take Care,
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean and modern. The rooms are well-appointed and comfortable. We had a king room with a pull-out couch. The room also had a mini-fridge which is very convenient when traveling with kids. The Bistro in the lobby has a good selection of food with friendly service. The pool and hot tub area are very clean and of good quality. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Doreen S, General Manager at Courtyard Bangor, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your visit to the Bangor Courtyard by Marriott on TripAdvisor. I really enjoyed reading about your experience with our staff. Your comments about our clean & modern accommodations are also greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.

Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Courtyard in Bangor is a nice hotel, but its not near much. You could walk, I suppose, to restaurents and shopping, but it would be about a mile and a half.
No free breakfast here either.
The hotel itself....very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Bangor Courtyard by Marriott. As you noted, our hotel is just minutes from the Bangor Mall and the surrounding restaurants. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay, and I hope we have the opportunity to enjoy your patronage in the future.