“Rude and Disorganized”

Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Brewer,me
“Rude and Disorganized”
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I booked this hotel myself over the telephone several weeks ago in anticipation of home renovation that would leave us without water and heat. We were looking forward to turnng a tedious home reno project into something fun. When I showed up they were overbooked-and had no record of my reservations. Instead of telling me I was out of luck or just giving me a room, they told me to return home and locate my reservation number and they would then see what they could do. I trudged out of the hotel with my husband's and my huge suitcase. Once back in my car I realized that no credible hotel would tell a client to schlepp home with her suitcases to locate a reservation number. So I stayed elsewhere. I know they were overbooked and since we are not gamblers, per se, I am guessing they just didn't care if the room we expected was not available. Anyone planning on staying in this hotel should expect that the same could happen to them.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lucy_brewerme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Presque Isle, Maine
Reviewed October 10, 2009

I thoughly enjoyed my stay at the Hollywood Slots Hotel and Raceway in Bangor, Me. I went with group, and those who stayed at the hotel really loved our stay. The staff there went beyond their duties to make my stay there comfortable and very enjoyable. The service I received at their buffet was great, and worth the price in which I was charged. The breakfast buffet comes with the price of the room, and we were added the dinner buffet as a curtiesy. Parking there was great, as we had free parking, and was close to the enterance to the hotel, so those coming by car, was not burden by walking far to get their luggage to and from the hotel. Being this hotel was part of the Hollywood slots, that area was well taken care of and the staff was very professioal to. At the Buffet, we were given a large room off the dinning area, where we were able to sit together as a group, and the waitress/waiters were professional in their service to us. The food was great and was plenty of it. If your from out of town, state or even live in the Bangor area, I strongly recommend you going and visit the hotel or even just having dinner or breakfast in their buffet, you will glad you did.

• Stayed October 2009
maine
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Have stayed at Hollywood Slots hotel 3 times & each time was very satisfying. I'm not much into the gambling, but the rooms & friendly service can't be beat for the price...

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Edinburg, VA
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We were taking an early flight home from Bangor airport so we all decided to stay at the Hollywood Slots. It was very convienent to the airport. The buffet was excellent. We had our grown daughters with us and we all stayed in seperate rooms. The girls enjoy the music entertainment while we enjoyed playing the slots. Rooms were very clean and spacious. And it had a fabulous fitness center. We would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
New Hampshire
Reviewed September 28, 2009

This hotel is attached to the casino but is also a nice place to stay to see the area. We have been here a few times and are always impressed by the hotel (nice and clean) and the friendly staff. The rooms are exceptional with a flat screen TV, (a) large comfortable bed(s) and a nice bathroom with a large shower. This last time there was a wedding party at the hotel and we expected to hear noise with all of the extra people partying but we were pleasantly surprised to find a very quiet night. I think this is partly due to the well built rooms. The hotel is fairly new and because it is completely non-smoking (due to Maine state law), it seems that the "newness" is lasting. The only downside that I would say, is that it has limited activites outside of the casino. There is a nice workout room but no pool or hot tub. In the area you can go to the Maine Mall which is not very far away or to the racetrack in the summer which is across the street. When you stay at the hotel, the buffet breakfast by the casino is free and is also excellent.

massachusetts
Reviewed September 28, 2009

This is our second stay at Hollywood Slots and both stays were great.
Hollywood slots has great rooms, staff, food and casino.

nova scotia
Reviewed September 26, 2009

The hotel is beautiful. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room are a great size and we loved the king size bed. The price is very good. The buffet is great. We will never stay any where else in Bangor when we go there for a vacation. Hollywood Slots Hotel is the only place to stay. We will see you soon. Maybe in October...................