“Eat, stay and play”

Hollywood Casino Bangor Hotel
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great hotel right in the midst of Bangor, Maine. Not only are the rooms immaculate, the buffet is awesome and the slots are just an added bonus. We stayed only one night but were greeted enthusiastically and given the service we have come to expect. This was NOT our first stay and won't be our last as well. The front desk staff welcomed us and in a matter of moments we were on our way to a great room with a view of the river. We ate at the sumptuous buffet - includes not only peel-and-eat shrimp but the BEST prime rib I've had in a long time. The server at the prime rib station offed to "finish off" my GENEROUS cut on the grill behind her. I am not a fan of rare meat and the slice was returned to me perfect! To top it off there were baked potatoes, a large selection of "down-home" staples (baked beans, biscuits, etc.) and finally a row of desserts to satisfy anyone (including lots of sugar free items for those of us who are diabetic). Great visit!

Room Tip: Get a room in the back so you can see the river!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
DirectorHotel, Front Office Manager at Hollywood Casino Bangor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Wow! It sounds like you had an excellent time! Thank you so much for taking time to review our property! We strive to provide excellent customer service, and it sounds like we were spot on! I will definately pass your notes onto the chef about his buffet staff! It's wonderful that the cook took the time to make sure you really enjoyed your meal!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed at the hotel on October 2nd and 3rd. We got to the hotel early and they let us check in. The ladies behind the reservation desk were very nice and helpful. The room we had was at the end of the hall on the second floor so that was a bit of a walk for my husband since he walks with a cane but it was nice to be the last room at the end of hall for privacy reasons. The room was very clean and big. The king bed was very soft though and the mattress could stand to be changed. When we both stretched out it kind of sunk towards the middle. We had a 2 for one buffet coupon and went to eat at the buffet. It was later in the afternoon and the food was not that good. My husband had a panini and it was burnt and not edible! If you are going to eat at the buffet my guess is to try to hit it early in the day when everything is fresher. The gaming was very good to me as I won a couple of pretty nice jackpots on penny machines. We had a very fun time. When we left and got home my husband realised he left his pillow from home in the room and he called them and they shipped it back to us for the shipping cost. All in all it was a great stay and we would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate all guest feedback! We don't often sleep in our rooms so we rely on our guest feedback to help us continually approve. Next time you check in make sure to request a room closer to the elevator - or even at the time of reservation. We do as best as possible to accommodate all requests. There are rooms by the elevator that also are at the end of the hall with only neighbors on one side. They seem to be the most requested room - not only for the proximity to the elevator and the privacy but also because of the spectacular view of downtown Bangor!

I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Disappointed in the Casino. It's small, not many table games, and the ones there are have high minimums. The only restaurant was a buffet and a very casual snack bar. Room was just OK, no refrigerator. Of course there is no breakfast included here. There are not many restaurants nearby, seems like a distressed area, but don't know for sure. Don't feel like good value for the price, would not recommend.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
DirectorHotel, Front Office Manager at Hollywood Casino Bangor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

I'm sorry to hear you found your stay to be mediocre. That is certainly not what we aim for. Fridges can be requested at the front desk and delivered free of charge to any hotel room. Our Snack Bar offers a delicious breakfast from 6am to 10am every day. With the new Cross Insurance Center Opening across the street, the Darlings Waterfront Pavillion a ten minute walk from here, and the downtown area just a little further you can always find something going on in this area. We are also only 15 minutes from the Bangor Mall area, as well as 45 minutes from Bar Harbor and Acadia National park. It is my hope that you decide to come back and try us again!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great overall experience! The buffet was tremendous,the rooms were clean, well furnished, and comfortable. The thing that impressed me most was the fact that the casino was non-smoking! I'm planning on returning here on my next vacation!

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy that you enjoyed it! Our plan is to always provide top knotch customer service and provide a clean and fun atmosphere for all to enjoy. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great service - we were able to check in early and check out late. We went to a concert at Darling's Waterfront Pavillion and the hotel is in walking distance of that. We only wish there was a better restaurant on site ... the Epic Buffet was fine for breakfast but probably would not want to eat there every meal.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. The 10 minute walk to the Darlings Waterfront Pavillion makes Hollywood Casino Hotel the ideal place to stay. We do offer the Take 2 Snack Bar for meals as well. The Snack Bar is known for the Best Burger in town. They also offer a variety of other foods including salads, chicken fingers, grab and go sandwiches and Ice Cream.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I don't usually stay at such elaborate places but when opportunity knocked I took the gamble. The rooms are tastefully furnished. I did not find the beds to be as firm as I like so my sleep was not that restful. Also, it would have been appreciated if a refrigerator were included in a room where it is obvious no expense had been spared. The staff was very pleasant and greeted me with a smile. You can't beat the location of this hotel for concerts on the waterfront or events at Bass Park and the Cross Center across the street.

Room Tip: Within easy walking distance to stores and restaurants.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
DirectorHotel, Front Office Manager at Hollywood Casino Bangor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Hollywood Casino Bangor! i'm so glad you decided to give our property a try. We do have refrigerators available upon request - next time you come up just ask the staff at the front desk for one. We will have one brought up at no charge. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went to see a outdoor concert at the Darlings outdoor Pavilion, Rooms were awesome , beds clean and comfy,quiet, lot's of parking. Two minute walk to the concert site . Recommend for sure. Was easy place to find, we use a GPS , but no need.

Room Tip: I took what they gave me, we were on the third floor, very happy
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing Hollywood Casino Bangor. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We pride ourselves in our rooms as well as providing red carpet customer service. We hope to see you again soon!