“Outstanding Service!!!”

Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Siren, Wisconsin
“Outstanding Service!!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My husband and I visited the Hollywood Slots hotel for 3 nights. We purchased several packages that were offered on line. Thier front desk manager, Johnna was outstanding!!! Johnna made sure we had everything that we needed, we purchased the golf package and the sweetheart package. Service the way it should be. When we left she even sent us on another adventure to see the high bridge that we would not have seen on our own. She went out of her way to make us feel like we were her only customer. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
New York State
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Saw the reviews here and booked. What a great find. Friendly staff - the associate that handled our reservation even helped with dining options outside the hote When we arrived there was an envelope with printed directions to the restaurants. We stopped there on our way to PEI, Canada and were so impressed we booked it on our return trip. Rooms are good size, clean with very nice amenities and free wireless internet. The lobby and hallway that takes you to the casino are beautifully decorated with comfortable seating and fantastic photos and posters from the golden age of movies. The Take2 snack bar was opened late and had some nice selections. As others have said, it would benefit to have at least one sit down dining option. The buffet was fine for breakfast. I wont say positively but after the fact I realized that I did not see anyone smoking in the casino - smoke bothers me and I would have noticed so I am thinking it is a totally non-smoking hotel and casino. Overall - a great find!

2 Thank Rose-n-Frank
Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Although we enjoyed our room, we thought the casino was a joke. If your used to Vegas style casino gambling you'll be very disappointed. No table games - only slots. Stuffy vibe in casino w/ lots of rules re: alcoholic beverages. I wouldn't plan on eating there either unless you like hot dogs. We left for dinner. Won't be back.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wimberleydlc
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I have stayed at many hotels in Bangor and in my opinion this is my favorite.

Things to know

1) same street as the Waterfront Pavilion where all the major concerts are in Bangor.
2) Hotel has a casino in it but its only slots and horse race betting(as the name of hotel suggests)and if you go to the casino make sure you bring your ID as the card everyone..yes Grand-Ma you too.
3)The Epic Buffet is great...breakfast served until @ 11:00....the selection is not as good as the the afternoon buffet,if you only have time for one go the afternoon one you will not be disappointed.Breakfast one is @ 10.00$ pp.....Afternoon one is @ 15.00$ pp but if you sign up for the players card(free) the buffet is half price the first time.
Well worth it as i think i gained 10 pounds in the few days i was there.
4) a parking garage is attached to the hotel which makes it very convenient on the rainy days and you feel safe about your car....plus parking is free.
5) If your a Tim Horton fan there is one right next to the hotel
6) The Hotel rooms are nice plus the staff seems to bend over backwards for you.
7) Price range is 130-150 for King or two Queens...use the AAA rate to get a better discount.
8) High speed internet is free

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ted m
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night on July 30th. It is a very good location on Main Street Bangor, just off the highway and pretty close to the shopping mall. The staff at the front desk are friendly and helpful. The rooms are big and clean and the beds are comfortable. This is the first hotel we have stayed at that had liquid hand soap, which is something really like. We had fun at the Casino and the hotel buffet was great too! Our only complaint is that you can hear everything that happens in the hallway as clear as if it were happening right beside you in your room.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend paying any extra for city view.
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed 2 nights for business in the area. The hotel itself is really nice! Clean with very nicely designed and decorated rooms, big bathrooms with granite countertops and super comfortable beds. The casino has 100+ slot machines from 1 cent to $10 slots. It is a smoke free casino.

A few downers though-
No free cocktails on the gaming floor like real casinos
The players card points you get adds up very slowly and the few cents you earn disappears overnight.
Only a deli counter and the buffet. No other restaurants.
The buffet opens at 8am, so no breakfast before meetings- although there is a mcdonalds right across the street for breakfast on the run.
Didnt see anyone winning anything..
No entertainment on except for weekends.
No pool

Overall its a good one night, but I wouldnt make a vacation out of it...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Ruby0625
USA
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Don't get me wrong, but I loved the place.

I could park right upfront from the hotel lobby. I got my free USA Today and we were offered fresh chocolate chip cookies - all before we signed in.

I made my reservation through AAA. It was not cheap, $130. But the room was supposed to be riverview room and it was to include a full breakfast buffet, so I figured I would live a little. When we signed in the nice young lady at the desk stated that "those websites" always add extra things (amenities) to the reservation, so we would not have a riverview room nor would we have an included full breakfast buffet. This made me angry but I kept my composure. I told and showed her that it was printed on my reservation confirmation that this was included, and not an option as she was trying to talk me into. She told be that there was nothing she could do. I was steamed.

We went to the car to get our bags came back into the lobby and I figured I'd give this one more shot. I politely expressed my displeasure with what transacted so far and that they came highly recommeded from Trip Advisor. I asked to speak to a manager. She told me that she would get "him". She went into a back room to return in a couple of minutes and said: "He said okay - you could have the breakfast." She handed me two $10 vouchers for the Buffet. She also told me that all rooms were booked so no riverview room would be available...I figured okay and we went about our business.

Room was awesome. King-sized bed, large flat-screened tv...was going to be perfect for watching the MLB all-star game that night...Yes!

We walked down to the casino and I could not believe my eyes...It was 100% non-smoking...really cool! We noticed the buffet open for dinner (it was 4:30 p.m.). I saw that the breakfast buffet was not to open untill 8 a.m. the next morning. That would have been much too late for us since we were travelling to Acadia National Park (1 hour away) and we wanted to be there early. So we used our vouchers for dinner...and what a dinner!

I'm and end-cut prime rib guy and it was fantastic! I had mashed potatoes and gravy with some horseradish sauce on the side. I made a nice salad with shrimp. Deserts were unbelievable! Pies, cookies and too many cakes! Jana, a sweet young lady server, took care of us. She was plesant and professional.

So dinner was great! We walked the entire casino floor. It had nothing but slots. From one cent to five dollars - they had a variety of machines. The floor was small. Most of the patrons were on the older side. As we were playing the cocktail waitresses came around for "drink orders". It turns out that any alocoholic beverages are NOT free like they are at any other casino in the USA, but that you have to pay for them. The only type of drink that was free was soft drinks, and you had to sign up to get a player's card if you was a free soft drink. Since we were full from dinner we passed on the drinks.

After a while we did get bored, nothing but slots can do that to you. We went into the hotel's fitness center and we worked off some of that great dinner. They had some nice equipment and we took advance of it. They had a separate large-screen tv for each large piece of exercise equipment. I watched the MLB allstar pregame show while working out. After a while we retreated to our great room, but the channel (Fox) that was to televise the game was blacked out in the rooms. What!? I went back down to the fitness room and watched the pre-game festivities from there. I inquired at the desk as the status of not having Fox in my room and the young lady stated to me that nobody had Fox in their rooms, that it was a glitch in the system, and that you can watch the game in the lounge since they have it on in there...yea right and they are giving out free drinks right?!

Hey, it was a nice stay and it is an immaculate property, but they are looking to suck up money anywhich way they can...so be careful and be smart...but most of all have fun!

Room Tip: Fight for your rights.
2 Thank cdrake3460