“Beers Tasty and Unique, Food Institutional”

Sea Dog Brewing Company
Ranked #4 of 186 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2013

These other reviews are right on and I should have heeded their advise and kept driving, but my buddy wanted to stop at a brew-pub. The beers were tasty as expected, the food was institutional as forewarned. We were even overly famished having just come out of the Allagash wilderness and subsisting on packaged food. This was packaged foods, just in a different setting with lots of TVs.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were traveling thru Bangor and decided to stop at Sea Dog Brewing Co. for dinner. Make sure you plug the address into your GPS - I'm not sure we would've found it otherwise.

The place was huge - we had no trouble getting a table.

My husband tried a beer sampler and says the Sea Dog Pale Ale and the River Driver Hazelnut Porter were the best.

We got the clam chowder soup, French Onion Soup and the Strawberry goat cheese salad - all of which were good. The service was excellent too.

Give this place a try - you shouldn't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Don't know Bangor, nor was it a destination. Just an overnight. Was recommended by a local cop. Maybe this is a good restaurant in Bangor Standards but not to mine. Was "ok" nothing to brag about.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We saw this on-line and thought it would be a fun place. There was a big concert in the adjacent park and our timing was good as the pub was clearing out when we got there. We had a table on the patio overlooking the river and the pub band started to play which was nice. The menu was limited that night due to the concert. I had the lobster special which was OK and my wife had a bowl of chowder which was average and a Caesar salad which was pretty lacklustre. Maybe if it had been better weather it may have improved the atmosphere.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've eaten here many times and the food is ALWAYS great. Nice variety on the menu from seafood, to burgers, steak, or veggie options, etc. Every meal I've had here has been top notch. If it's nice out, sitting on the deck outside to eat is great as it's right on the river. Depending on the time of day, there may be entertainment outside or inside. Great place to meet up with friends.