“We keep returning - but not for the food”

Sea Dog Brewing Company
Ranked #4 of 187 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Sea Dog is our 'go-to" when we're looking for a comfortable place to eat out and fine dining is not the objective. It's comfy, anything you might want is on the menu, the beer is great and the service is generally okay. There's outdoor dining when the weather cooperates with fine river views.

The food ranges from "meh" to v. good. Totally unpredictable. I had a great quinoa salad with grilled chicken the other day. Two days later steak skewers with artichokes ordered medium rare were bloody rare and out of the icebox cold.

So if ambience and/or menu variety and/or artisan beer/ and or bar scene is what you are looking for the Sea Dog is recommended. If you are seeking fine dining, this is not it.

There are newer reviews for Sea Dog Brewing Company

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I enjoyed a porter...and there were many beers to choose from. I also had a Caprese Grilled Cheese with a nice cole slaw. It was a fun place to meet, share some food and drink.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Just LOVE the chicken nachos. Things I've had on the rest of the menu were average. Some people may be turned off as the first thing guests see & hear is a 'bar scene' with a very loud echo-ing atmosphere. In fact, my parents hated it and turned around and walked. This is really the place to be, however, if you want a drink with friends to end the work week. A new entrance needs to be put in place, bar in the back.

1  Thank Eating2012
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Went here with the e=intention of having a fun night out with my husband. Instead what we got was a sticky, wobbly table in front of the server's entrance to the kitchen, a burger that was cooked poorly, a server that was obviously more interested in waiting on the table next to us with the 3 young women, and an atmosphere that made me feel self-conscious of myself. In the end, when my husband finally got our server's attention to take the rest of his burger home he was given a take out box that was dirty with black grease on it. Definitely won't be going back!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Good food and friendly service. In the summer it would be fanatastic to sit outside and enjoy the fabulous view. Good selection on the menu and at reasonable prices. Waiter was very informative when we asked questions with regard to the area.