“top notch”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Presque Isle, Maine
“top notch”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

try to get there every time we travel thru bangor, delicious italian food, good service, nice wine list and a pleasant staff, osso buco and lambchops are two of our favorite menu items

Bangor, Maine
“Great, authentic Italian dining!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We've been going to Massimo's for years -- he is a fabulous chef and host and his wife, AnneMarie, is sweet, gracious and very helpful. The food is consistently well done, ingredients fresh and serving staff well-trained. As with any spot that is your "go-to" for years, the lack of change in the menu is both good (I always know I'll get the most fabulous Tuna or alia et olio pasta) and not so good (there's nothing new and exciting and the specials are pretty much always the same). Regardless, there is no beating Massimo's for excellent Italian food in a beautiful atmosphere, right here at home!

finger lakes NY
“Night 4 of four nights, a good meal.”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The three of us had heard that Massimo's was the best in Bangor, so we tried it for our fourth night. It was VERY GOOD, but perhaps not the best.

Service was excellent. Our server knew her menu, all the specials and was able to properly discuss both menu choices and our wine choices too. I chose a spinach salad with lemon dressing, it was good but I'd have grated a bit of lemon zest onto the salad just before serving for a bit more zing. One other associate had a different salad, he said his was great.

He & I both ordered Osso Buco from the daily specials listing. I'm a sucker for Osso Buco, I didn't even listen past that offering. It was good, meaty, tender, and featured piquant olives in the sauce. We both enjoyed it. Our third companion chose Pasta Carbonara and greatly enjoyed it. I managed to get a small tasting and it was authentically prepared and good.

Desserts were numerous, I had a Lemoncello Sorbet with a glass of Lemoncello, as did one of my other associates. The third ordered Cannolli.

This was the 2nd most expensive meal, but I think it was good value. I'd return. The foods we tried were all excellent, and the plates I saw delivered to adjacent tables looked to me to be good food.

1 Thank chasinUpstateNewYork
Halifax, Canada
“bluenosers”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I went early to beat the rush as we had no resos. and scored a seat in the front, great! The service was awesome and the food even better. We shared a portobello/blue cheese salad, the pepper/cheese/oil pasta, and the pork loin/pork belly special. One of the very best meals we have ever experienced. Hard to believe there are better restaurants in the Bangor area. We will return every time in the area.

• Visited August 2013
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Phenomenal”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

One of the best meals i've had in my life. Sat in the bar area, really friendly bartender/waitress. Outstanding cocktail. Fresh, simple salad (big portion - we split it which was a good choice). Bread is outstanding. I had the pesto special and it was literally one of the best dishes I've ever had. Would go back and try multiple other options. This place is fantastic!

• Visited July 2013