“Night 4 of four nights, a good meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Massimo's Cucina Italiana - CLOSED

Massimo's Cucina Italiana
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
finger lakes NY
“Night 4 of four nights, a good meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

The three of us had heard that Massimo's was the best in Bangor, so we tried it for our fourth night. It was VERY GOOD, but perhaps not the best.

Service was excellent. Our server knew her menu, all the specials and was able to properly discuss both menu choices and our wine choices too. I chose a spinach salad with lemon dressing, it was good but I'd have grated a bit of lemon zest onto the salad just before serving for a bit more zing. One other associate had a different salad, he said his was great.

He & I both ordered Osso Buco from the daily specials listing. I'm a sucker for Osso Buco, I didn't even listen past that offering. It was good, meaty, tender, and featured piquant olives in the sauce. We both enjoyed it. Our third companion chose Pasta Carbonara and greatly enjoyed it. I managed to get a small tasting and it was authentically prepared and good.

Desserts were numerous, I had a Lemoncello Sorbet with a glass of Lemoncello, as did one of my other associates. The third ordered Cannolli.

This was the 2nd most expensive meal, but I think it was good value. I'd return. The foods we tried were all excellent, and the plates I saw delivered to adjacent tables looked to me to be good food.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank chasinUpstateNewYork

Halifax, Canada
“bluenosers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I went early to beat the rush as we had no resos. and scored a seat in the front, great! The service was awesome and the food even better. We shared a portobello/blue cheese salad, the pepper/cheese/oil pasta, and the pork loin/pork belly special. One of the very best meals we have ever experienced. Hard to believe there are better restaurants in the Bangor area. We will return every time in the area.

• Visited August 2013
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Phenomenal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

One of the best meals i've had in my life. Sat in the bar area, really friendly bartender/waitress. Outstanding cocktail. Fresh, simple salad (big portion - we split it which was a good choice). Bread is outstanding. I had the pesto special and it was literally one of the best dishes I've ever had. Would go back and try multiple other options. This place is fantastic!

Needham, Massachusetts
“Great Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

After traveling from Canada we took the suggestion of our hotel and ate at Massimo's. It was a wonderful respite after a full day of traveling. We were seated at the front of the restaurant where we could look out on to the street. My husband and I had meatballs with linguine which came out piping hot and flavored just right-not too spicy but not bland either.The portions were more than ample We were not rushed and our waiter Chris was very attentive. Would definitely go back when we go through Bangor again.

new york
“Like eating in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

After reading the review outside the restaurant, we realized that we loved Massimos cooking in Monclair, New Jersey. The owners are wonderful people. We never expected to find upscale Italian food in Bangor. The waiter should give the prices on the specials. The wines were very reasonable. When Massimo saw that he had served enough dinners , he did not take more walk ins. I was impressed that he new he was running out of steam. We wish them the best.