“Great Margaritas and Authentic Cuisine”

Miguel's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 181 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Healthy
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Margaritas and Authentic Cuisine”
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

They make the best margaritas around, and are generous with the alcohol content. Their food is very tasty, and authentic tasting. I was a little disappointed with the lack of heat (spice), but in my next visit I will request it be made extra spicy and see what happens. If I had a complaint it would be that the charge for the chips after the first bowl. I'm from the southwest, and such a practice in that part of the country is unheard of. They offer salsa with varying degrees of heat but in my opinion, even their hottest was milder than Pace out of the jar. Service was prompt, and the food was prepared without much delay.

spent34, Public Relations Manager at Miguel's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Glad to see you enjoyed your visit! Sorry you were disappointed with being charged for an extra basket of chips and salsa. We wish we could give as many as we wanted away but unfortunately the fresh organic produce used to make our salsa is very expensive, thus limited 1 complementary chips and salsa per couple. We also can make your food as spicy as need be! Thank you for your feedback we greatly appreciate it

Maine
“Yum”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Tasted great, good size portions, reasonable food prices, nice bar area. I had the taco salad and it was very filling.. along with guacamole and chips!

Visited December 2012
Winslow, Maine
“Good Service, Good Drinks, Average Food”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This restaurant is conveniently located on the Hogan Road in Bangor, Maine. The service was good, the drinks were good, the prices were decent, but the food was simply average. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this restaurant to anyone seeking authentic Mexican food, which as anyone who has ever been to the West Coast or Mexico knows that good Mexican food is impossible to find in Maine.

• Visited October 2012
spent34, Owner at Miguel's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Glad to hear the food and drinks were good, but sorry to hear about the food. Would you mind telling us what you had to eat? We are always looking to improve our product. That being said I lived on the West Coast for years and travel to Mexico every year. However we do operate in Maine and half of our menu is prepared accordingly for clientele from this area. However we do have a lot of Authentic Dishes on the menu, like Tamales, Rellenos, Carnitas, Carne Asada, Flautas, etc...Thank you for your feed back we appreciate it.
Kenduskeag, ME
“DELICIOUS EVERYTIME!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Miguel's for years. i've never had a meal I don't like. My problem is not filling up on the delicious chips and salsa! We tried the Flautas last weekend - I couldn't believe how tasty they were! I love the specials - especially half priced margaritas. The new menu is great! The customer service is great as well! I have two young children who are not always restaurant friendly - but the staff is very attentive to their needs. Going along with whatever the kids order - even when my little boy asked for Shark (fish bites)! We remain loyal customers!

• Visited January 2013
Thomaston, Maine
“Best Mexican I've had!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Not only do you have the best Mexican food I've had, but the staff is the best around. So friendly, courtious, and helpful! Great job and you are my new favorite in Bangor!

Visited January 2013