“Excellent day, well worth the money”

Tevake Sailing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Full day, Half day, Two Hour DAY SAILS for up to six people. Call for details (207)841-9125. Join your Captains Bethany & Perry, at the end of Garrison Cove Road on Bailey Island, Maine.You can help set the sails or sit back and relax as we coast through the sparkling green waters of Casco Bay.Make our 1970 Mariner 31 your home for the day. We take care of the details.
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We booked the full day cruise with the lobster bake lunch. Bethany ad Perry did an amazing job sailing around the islands of Sabco Bay. They were so friendly, open and entertaining, it was almost like visiting old friends and we'll take the same trip next time we come here. Bethany fixed an excellent dinner while Perry sailed the boat, and we ate while moored in Mackeral Cove.
As for sailing Bethany and Perry are a great team, they seem to instinctively work together. The whole trip was fun and very relaxing, definitely the high point of our vacation.

1  Thank corkybstewart

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Sailing with perry and bethany was exciting and informative. Their enthusiasm and ease of handling Tevake immediately put us at ease . We had fair winds and the scenery of the islands and nearby landmarks(I am still not sure that aliens didnt build the obelisk) was truly magnificient. This sailing couple seem to be having the time of their lives and we will sail with them again. Fair winds my friends!!

3  Thank daleandjudi55
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My sisters and I took our parents to Bailey Island for our father's 90 birthday celebration. There had been talk over the years of going sailing and I had the marvelous good fortune to find Tevake Sailing. Captains Perry and Bethany could not have been more accomodating and entertaining! We were set at ease from the start with life jackets and jokes about being seated at the nearest emergency exit. Stories about life at sea and history of the island entertained us for two hours and added so much to our experience. Perry and Bethany were so concerned that we had an enjoyable day that when my Green Bay Packer cap blew off into the water they "came about" and scooped it up for me! (not too shabby in Patriot country!) We had a wonderful time on Bailey Island and spending the afternoon sailing on Tevake was the highlight of our trip. I would definitely recommend making sailing on Tevake a must!

3  Thank Janet B
Aquitana2, Owner at Tevake Sailing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Thank you for sharing your sailing experence this summer with others. We are so glad that you had a good time.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Captain Perry took us out for a two hour sail on his boat at the last minute this past Saturday. We spent a wonderful afternoon sailing on Casco Bay and hearing about life on Bailey Island.

3  Thank lilopie
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We went for a sunset sail with Captain Bethany. It was for my husband's 40th birthday and we took our three kids (ages 16, 12, 8) with us. We had a wonderful time. It was so beautiful and relaxing. We saw all kinds of wildlife, including a seal swimming home. Bethany was funny and smart and had many stories and lots of information for us. At sunset she had us listen for her Dad's horn from the shore- which we heard and echoed back with a small cannon-fire. My husband got to steer the boat for a bit, bringing him back to his childhood days on Nantucket. This trip was a memory we will all carry with us, and I suggest you take out the Tevake and make your own memories too.

3  Thank JennZac