“Petfriendly!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Zachary
Orlando, Florida
“Petfriendly!”
Reviewed February 16, 2009

I found this hotel when I needed a place to overnight with a 98-pound bloodhound. It is a bit out of the way, but not many hotels welcome large dogs, no matter how well-behaved.

Because they allow large dogs, I was prepared for something dodgy, but was totally surprised by how nice this hotel is. When I told the lady at the front desk my name, she remembered speaking to me on the telephone, shook my hand, and wanted to see the dog.

The room was excellent, large, and clean. The staff were totally friendly to me and my dog. I love this hotel!

• Liked — I could overnight here with my dog.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 7, 2008

I stayed here for a night and my family stayed two nights. I have stayed here in the past and I think that it is a much better option than the hotels in Baker.

The front desk staff can be a little up and down but they are always polite and helpful.

The breakfast is decent, and I see the staff eating it which is a good sign. Right? It does have a few hot options but it is mostly a continental breakfast. It was a little too cool to get in the pool, but we did hangout around the pool and it was very nice. No one bothered us which was great for all of us.

The rooms were a very good size. Each had a microwave and minifridge. I did not check to see if it had internet.

I saw the comment about the thin walls, but I did not really notice that. I think under $100 is about right for this hotel. Any more and you probably aren't getting a great deal.

Stayed September 2008
Louisiana
Reviewed October 6, 2008

My family had 6 rooms booked for my parent's anniversary party.
We were very pleased with the rooms and with the service. Very friendly and helpful at the desk. Special thanks to Lee for working with us on the reservations.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
West Point, New York
Reviewed February 4, 2008

My family stayed in this hotel for one night during a family trip to LA to see family. The first thing that should have rang a bell in my head was that they had the three step policy for noise complaints posted on the front counter (they had made a nice sign explaining how on the third complaint that the police were going to escort you from the property). But I went ahead and stayed because this is the only hotel in Zachary and it looked nice and very clean.
We got to our room, which was very clean. My whole family (including 2 year old) went to sleep.
The walls were very thin that night for one room next to us AND the room above us. My wife and I joked about it, but in the end we did not get a good nights sleep. Thankfully our child is too young to even remotely notice or care what was going on.
Overall, it was a nice clean hotel with a very nice breakfast in the morning. But if you stay on a weekend night...it might not be the best if you want to sleep.

• Liked — Free Breakfast
  • Disliked — Very Thin Walls!!!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Atlanta
Reviewed December 28, 2007

I booked this hotel for my week long business trip to the LA area. This hotel was far greater than what I expected. The staff was friendly and helpful. They even offered me fresh baked cookies and an invitation to the open bar when I checked in. The room was nicely decorated and clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — clean room, wonderful staff
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
texas
Reviewed November 13, 2006

A nice hotel to stay that is close to many attractions. The rooms were very clean and the staff was helpful. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — The clean rooms and helpful staff members.
  • Stayed October 2006
1 Thank rdwacw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zachary
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Zachary
Holiday Inn Express Baton Rouge North
Best Western St. Francisville Hotel
Best Western St. Francisville Ho...
#1 of 3 in Saint Francisville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge Airport
Holiday Inn Baton Rouge
Holiday Inn Baton Rouge
#3 of 77 in Baton Rouge
Best Western Chateau Louisianne Suite Hotel

Been to Best Western Zachary Inn? Share your experiences!