“Better than picadilly”

Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Zachary
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

It is noisy but that is expected as it is a family style restaurant. The food is better than picadilly because you don't have to order through a buffet line. The cute waitreses take menu orders and bring the food to you. However, Sammys is very popular and always has long lines on the weekend. I don't understand why.

There are newer reviews for Sammy's Grill

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good Food, nice atmosphere. Great location. The service was o.k. I was with a group of 25 and enjoyed the association.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Sammy's was recommended by a staff member at my motel, and I'm glad I took his advice. The Gumbo is one of the best I have tried (and I'm picky about Gumbo) Made with a traditional rue, slightly dark and really rich, FRESH shrimp and not over-cooked. You have to try the Prime Rib Poboy. I sat at the bar, and had a great time. Bartenders are great, busy but attentive to everyone and always had a smile. They have something called Crawfish Cornbread, that I will be trying on my next visit. Parking can be a challenge, but the food and atmosphere make up for it. I even had some good natured ribbing from all of the LSU fans because of my BAMA shirt, but it was all done with a smile.
Check out Sammy's, you wont be disappointed.

1  Thank safetytraveler1
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Food is average...muffaletta was a bit salty. Service was slow but very friendly. Spinach artichoke dip is good and the fried cheese is yummy.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This was my first time in Zachary and we went here out of a high recommendation from friends. What a great place to eat. I had fried crawfish and fried shrimp and they were well prepared. The house dressing is very tasty. My wife had the crawfish étouffée which was over fish and that was even better than my dish. I also had red beans and rice which was excellent. I'll be back next time I am in town.