“Great variety”

Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Zachary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Staff very helpful,friendly,and attentive. Great variety of food. Sandwiches and entrees delicious. Great regional selection. Family friendly.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

It was clean. Average service. Average food. The fried pickles were good. Grilled fish was greasy. Salads were more cheese than lettuce. It wouldn't be my first choice, even in little ol' Zachary.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food and staff is great. I loved their fried shrimp with a salad with the house dressing. My cousin from Michigan visited and was amazed with the food. The first place they stop now when coming to Louisiana is Sammy's in Zachary. Then, we have to eat every night while they are in town. You can't go wrong when selecting Sammy's for a dinner or special occasion.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Recently ate at Sammy's in Zachary for lunch and then returned for dinner soon after. The menu has a great selection including both Louisiana dishes, sandwiches, salads and pasta dishes. Both meals were great, although I found the crab bisque a tad on the salty side for me. My husband and I ate lunch on a Friday - the restaurant was crowded but we were served quickly and the waitress was very friendly. We both had the bisque and I had a grilled shrimp salad and my husband had a shrimp poboy. Both were full of very well seasoned shrimp which were cooked very well. We returned on Sunday evening for dinner with friends. I don't remember what everyone had but all thought the food was great. I had the eggplant Parmesan which was very tasty. All of the servings were large and could be shared. Again the restaurant was crowded - sunday had lots of football fans watching the various games on the tv screens which were everywhere. My only complaint - the tables were too small for 4 people - fine for 2 people.
I definitely recommend Sammy's.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The food is always good. Service is not bad either. I love the blacken alligator. I've never received anything here I didn't like.