“Was pleasantly surprised!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Winnsboro
“Was pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

The hotel has been newly renovated, so the room was fresh and clean with new furniture and appliances. The pool also looked REALLY nice, but unfortunately we didnt get to go swimming. (We were going to stay at another hotel down the road, but came to BW after we realized that it was actually IN the town, and the other one was not. It was nice to have people around us and to be able to go a 5 minute drive to Walmart and local diners.)

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank jbessi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

This hotel has been remodeled and should be a great place to stay. When I arrived, my room was ready. Unfortunately, after it had been cleaned someone used the toilet, used a towel and laid in the bed. I arrived at 8:30 pm and was not able to use the shower until 10:30 P.M. because I had to wait for housekeeping to come back to the hotel and clean my room. The housekeeper smoothed the comforter and the assistant manager told me the nastiness in the toilet was just rust. I had already flushed the toilet before he came to my room to inspect it. I was not going to leave a bad review until I got a nasty note from the manager telling me that everyone else loves the new mattresses. HUH????? When the smart alex kid changed the sheets, he wanted to know if they were white enough for me. Very rude people. And clearly not in the right business if they dont know that NOBODY WANTS TO SLEEP ON SHEETS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN USED. The next morning the manager told me that she was not really concerned because the problem had been fixed. These people are just plain rude and arrogant. The hotel has just been remodeled and the rooms already have mold growing on the ceilings.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Winnsboro hotels

new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

yes i read the other reviews it was nothing like the reviews the rooms was nice updated flat screen tvs everyone was very nice at check in and check out they even gave me a late check out time everything was just great

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lacey12345
Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2008

I was staying here once a year for the last 6-7 years, as I do some business in town for a few days each Oct/Nov. It IS run down, but ok. The rooms aren't attractive, but everything functions. I agree with previous comments... bathrooms are a bit grungy, furniture worn down, certainly not a classy place at all. However, it's convenient to town and airport. The folks who run it are very friendly and helpful, and have always honored my reservations, even when calling and being forced to cancel my reservation due to unexpected circumstances. Last month, was told the entire facility had flooding, so it was closed for an extended period... am not sure if it's reopened yet. Perhaps this was the makeover it needed. Overall, if someone is seeking amenities and luxuries "a la Residence Inn or Hampton", this aint the place to stay. However, it's shelter and convenient. Staying at the other facility some miles south of town is about the same, altho in a bit better condition. Have never stayed at the Embers.
Sad to see Winnsboro businesses slowly closing...seemed like more and more empty business, closed signs, empty buildings.

• Liked — convenience to town/airport (for business only)
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank ermed5
dallas,texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel several times, but this stay I notice that
the maintance was awful! The shower area was cake with mildew and some other crude, and even with the air conditioner
running full force, the room had an unpleasant order.

The staff was very helpful and kind as usual, I just think it is time
for a remodel or just upgrading. There are not many hotel/motels in Winnsboro, so you are at the mercy to stay there
for the convience.

This last stay prove to be very uncomfortable, so the next time I
am in the area, I probadly will make the commute to Monroe.

B. Johnson

• Liked — convience to where I was visiting
  • Disliked — it was not clean
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bjohnson_8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winnsboro
Days Inn Rayville
Days Inn Rayville
#1 of 2 in Rayville
BEST WESTERN Delhi Inn

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!