“Perfect family home”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
the view from the house
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Esther T
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect family home”
Reviewed July 21, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We felt very welcome at this comfortable and spacious family home. We were a 2 generation family with grandparents, parents with 2 young children and everyone fitted in without feeling crowded in. It was just the right distance from Edinburgh with the train within walking distance and South Queensferry village just below us. Alison was always available for any queries and was enormously helpful. I would definitely recommend it wholeheartedly especially for families.

Jul 22, 2017
Thank you so much Esther for taking the time to write such a brilliant review. I really do appreciate it.
Robin D
Orlando, Florida
“Adorable Coach House”
Reviewed July 20, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Our family enjoyed our stay at the coach house. The beds were very comfortable. The kitchen was well stocked with dishes and cooking supplies. The bathrooms were updated. It was in a great location. It was in a quiet neighborhood. The neighbors were very friendly. It was walking distance to the train and down to the Ferry. We loved it. We can't wait to go back.

Aug 2, 2017
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review, I really do appreciate it.
Anna K
“Cosy, spacious, splendid location”
Reviewed November 22, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We stayed at the coach house over half term and had a very relaxing and plea ant stay. The cottage has heaps of character and we very much enjoyed sitting with an open fire and relaxing reading and chatting. The location is second to none a mere 5 minutes walk to the train station from where trains depart every 15-20 minutes to take you to Edinburgh. You can even glimpse the heritage bridge in South Queensferry from the living room window. I would definitely recommend this property. I would give it 5 stars if the kitchen would be a little more equipped with some extra pots and pans and some additional crockery. Overall a brilliant stay. Also to say that the landlady was extremely friendly and forthcoming and a pleasure to deal with. Thank you,

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the open fire the views over the heritage bridge, the beautiful location.
Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Nov 24, 2016
I was very disappointed to read this review as I'd felt that I'd gone out of my way to accommodate Anna, down to providing wood, coal, kindling and fire lighters, as she had asked if she would be able to use the fire. She had said she would reimburse me for but never did. I would have overlooked this but after her leaving a 4* review on the premise that there were not enough utensils provided when they were there but Anna had simply not found them. I know this to be true as on the day they were due to check out, I'd arrived at 11.30 (check out time was 11.00) and Anna and her family were just about to leave on a day trip, they had got the departure day wrong and thought they were leaving the next day. When she checked her computer and she realised it was her mistake and she'd asked me to come back in an hour, although as I had more guests due to arrive at 3, and I had the whole house to clean I said I would at least need to make a start, and that I would stay in the kitchen to start cleaning the cooker and fridge ect. When i went into the kitchen Anna's husband was standing at the sink washing up and i'd said to him to leave the dishes and i'd simply put them in the dishwasher, but he said no it was things that they'd bought, a couple of utensils and a frying pan. I pointed out that all these things were in the kitchen, and he had said that when they first came to the house they didn't find them.
Maybe it was my mistake for not opening every cupboard and drawer in the kitchen to point out where everything is, but this is the first time a guest has not been able to find anything.
Culture51...
“Great house, great host!”
Reviewed August 29, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

The house is great! Plenty of room, very confortable and fully equipped, very clean!
Great host, who super-reactively supported us on any question.
If I had the chance to come back to Scotland I would book this house again for sure!
Moreover, very close to train station to reach Edimburgh without car.
Great stay!

Older travelers
Sep 6, 2016
Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review, I really do appreciate it, and i'm delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Best wishes
Alison
stonechis...
Newry, United Kingdom
“A real treasure”
Reviewed August 13, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

This proved to be a fantastic house. the train in and out of Edinburgh is a stone throw from the house and South Queensferry is a short walk away. The area is very quiet and the house beautiful and interesting with excellent facilities. It is comfortable and every room on a different level; a quirky joy.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quirky lay out
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Aug 14, 2016
Thank you so much, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing