Dakota Edinburgh
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Orocco Pier(South Queensferry)
  • Restaurant
The Staghead Hotel(South Queensferry)
Tally-Ho Hotel(Broxburn)
  • Pool
2,110 results
All reviewsblack boxforth road bridgeretail parkstylish hotelclose to the airportexecutive roomreception stafffantastic hotelone night stayan overnight stayreception areacooked breakfastcomfy bedfantastic staycity centrequeensferrytesco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stay at the dakota queensferry edinburgh on a regular basis,The staff are always first class,the rooms are very comfortable and modern,and very clean.
The food is of the best quality (pls try the mussels) the whole experience is top quality.
This is one of the best hotels i have stayed in in the uk.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2013

After always noticing Dakota on the passing my husband and I eventually had a night here. I was picked up at the airport from the courtesy vehicle and taken to the hotel where I was greeted by lovely staff. On entering my room I was so pleased it looked exactly like the website, very chic and contemporary. I met my husband in the bar where the staff were attentive and looked after our every need. We had booked dinner and we had a lovely table and a waiter who was perfect made sure we were well looked after. An excellent evening. Breakfast was great and overall a great hotel to stay in and we are glad we did.
You cannot fault the staff in this hotel they are all very professional in their manner and a great advertisement for the hotel. We will be back for sure.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We are regular visitors to the Dakota (Edinburgh) however until our stay last weekend we had never eaten in the Restuarant mainly due to the fact we are not great sea-food lovers; however, we took up the offer of 'the two of us' package which included accommodation, breakfast and a contribution towards evening meal which all represented excellent value at £109.00

I had the lamb curry and to say it was 'mouth watering' is to do it an injustice, if I could have had seconds I would have without question. My partner had fish and again cooked to perfection and every bit as good to eat as it looked.

The service is as always impecable from start to finish, the presentation was beautiful and i'd have no reservation in recommending anyone to eat, stay and experience the Dakota and its best. (we're hoping to return in a couple of week for another 'treat' and will definately eat in house).

If you've never experienced the Dakota you don't know what you're missing.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Such a relaxing place to be, great staff, great food, great rooms. can't fault it. The wife and I like to get away from the kids, and the Dakota fits the bill. You should have a wander into South Queensferry, what a great wee town with great views of the bridges.

Room Tip: Ask for the side that looks onto the rail bridge.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Deserves to be rated significantly higher than the current rating on tripadvisor. If the location had been more central to the city then the nightly rate would have been at least double. Everything we wanted to do was a short drive away and they have now added a shuttle service to the airport where you could pick up transport into Edinburgh if you did not want to drive. We spent a most relaxing 2 nights here and all the staff we met were very friendly and helpful. Yes the food and beverages are pricy but there are other local options within walking distance and the standard of the food, service and atmosphere is excellent. We ate in the bar on both nights and really enjoyed the experience. Clean stylish room with comfortable bed with good linens. The bathroom area was very modern and had good quality toiletries. Would certainly stay here again when visiting the Edinburgh area.

Room Tip: Higher floor looking over the Bridges